Goodjer Compound / Commune

VicD714 wrote:

What, no Weinerville? Weiner Bomb Town? Weiner City?

I'm disappointed in you guys.

Weiner Bomb Shelter?
Weinersburg
Bombsville
Goodjervania

Otisberg?

Otisberg!?!

VicD714 wrote:

What, no Weinerville? Weiner Bomb Town? Weiner City?

I'm disappointed in you guys.

That's what we keep in the silos. 50-megaton wiener bombs.

You can't fight here! This is the war room!

Paleocon wrote:

Now, if someone could find some nice Uzbek military base with good connectivity, that might be worthy of a Gwjrati investment.

[obscureRef]
"Uzbeks...weak link of Mother Russia."
[/obscureRef]

dejanzie wrote:

GameGuru, when you have won the auction, can we stay over?

ugh...that place looks like a dump..

When I do build my bomb shelter (and it will happen hopefully in time for the Fuel Wars of 2010) it will be very plush.. well stocked with videogames and power generators. I plan to eek out a nice living waiting for the outcome and a return to semi civilization under Arnold.

The way I figure it I need the following.

LFG

1. ME
2. Gunner/Sharpshooter (in case of Zombies or Looters)
3. Hot female thats attracted to me
4. MacGyver Type (jury rig mechanical things.. I can handle technology.. but I need someone to convert grass into propane and stuff like that)
5. Doctor or Lawyer (depends on #3.. say a Hot Female Doctor satisfy's that need.. so I'd fill this spot with a lawyer)

You forget a chef that can make MREs taste like something new and exciting for the 2 years that you're eating them.

SwampYankee wrote:

You forget a chef that can make MREs taste like something new and exciting for the 2 years that you're eating them.

no.. I can handle that.. I've become a good cook these last 3-4 years

I think you mean "posh," not "plush," GG. Can I come to correct your English while you're busy repopulating the world with your hot doctor/lawyers?

When he says "plush", he means Plushies.

Single Female Lawyer
Workin' for her client
Wearin' sexy mini-skirts
And bein' self-reliant!

TheGameguru wrote:

LFG

1. ME
2. Gunner/Sharpshooter (in case of Zombies or Looters)
3. Hot female thats attracted to me
4. MacGyver Type (jury rig mechanical things.. I can handle technology.. but I need someone to convert grass into propane and stuff like that)
5. Doctor or Lawyer (depends on #3.. say a Hot Female Doctor satisfy's that need.. so I'd fill this spot with a lawyer)

Ooo! I want to apply for the MacGyver type position -- assuming that a mullet isn't a prerequisite.

Podunk wrote:

That is seriously the coolest thing ever. And not too far from home! I'm half tempted to take a weekend road trip over there and scope it out.

I was thinking the same thing. Heck, I could make it a 10-hour road trip.

I can do gunner and sharpshooter. Not to mention I am quite accurate with a mortar.

TheGameguru wrote:

list of requirements for going to ground

Mmmm...me, I just want a nice bit of arable land, solar powered and off the grid. Veggies, fruit trees, flowers, soap factory, rendering facilities for trespassers, deadly assassin gardeners, ninja housekeepers, and of course, stupid but beautiful pool attendants. You know, the usual.

Oh, and a mad scientist. Must be quite mad, and have own machine that goes "bzzzzzzT!". Maniacal cackle optional.

And a decorator. It's so hard to get the whole "Zen Survivalist" look just right. Must have experience with rock gardens, land mines, and color swatches. "Companion" in tennis clothes allowed, but not provided.

duckideva wrote:

Mmmm...me, I just want a nice bit of arable land, solar powered and off the grid. Veggies, fruit trees, flowers, soap factory, rendering facilities for trespassers, deadly assassin gardeners, ninja housekeepers, and of course, stupid but beautiful pool attendants. You know, the usual.

Define "deadly assassin gardeners," because I can kill plants like a pro. But get back to me soon, as the zombies are making a competitive bid for me as well. They're throwing in dental insurance.

And yet, like all utopian societies, the Goojer Society is doomed to failure. Soon it will break down into factions like the Certisians, Elysiumonians, and Fletcherites, each with their own goals and their own way of doing things, and all that will be left in the aftermath is an army of red-eyed, Oblivion and BF2-addicted zombies spouting jokes about Wii and Lobster's mom.

Rat Boy wrote:

And yet, like all utopian societies, the Goojer Society is doomed to failure. Soon it will break down into factions like the Certisians, Elysiumonians, and Fletcherites, each with their own goals and their own way of doing things, and all that will be left in the aftermath is an army of red-eyed, Oblivion and BF2-addicted zombies spouting jokes about Wii and Lobster's mom.

As long as we keep that pillow between them, all is well.

Any good post apocalyptic shelter need renewable power, so we should definitely harness the power of pee

lethial wrote:

Any good post apocalyptic shelter need renewable power, so we should definitely harness the power of pee :)

Ah ha! Nintendo now has a power source for its new console!

Rat Boy wrote:
lethial wrote:

Any good post apocalyptic shelter need renewable power, so we should definitely harness the power of pee :)

Ah ha! Nintendo now has a power source for its new console!

From Zero to Wii in under 2 posts.

duckideva wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

list of requirements for going to ground

Mmmm...me, I just want a nice bit of arable land, solar powered and off the grid. Veggies, fruit trees, flowers, soap factory, rendering facilities for trespassers, deadly assassin gardeners, ninja housekeepers, and of course, stupid but beautiful pool attendants. You know, the usual.

Oh, and a mad scientist. Must be quite mad, and have own machine that goes "bzzzzzzT!". Maniacal cackle optional.

And a decorator. It's so hard to get the whole "Zen Survivalist" look just right. Must have experience with rock gardens, land mines, and color swatches. "Companion" in tennis clothes allowed, but not provided.

Hmm. You forgot the huge aztec pyramid and human sacrifice pit for the rendering of human fat to make your soap.

TheGameguru wrote:

LFG

1. ME
2. Gunner/Sharpshooter (in case of Zombies or Looters)
3. Hot female thats attracted to me
4. MacGyver Type (jury rig mechanical things.. I can handle technology.. but I need someone to convert grass into propane and stuff like that)
5. Doctor or Lawyer (depends on #3.. say a Hot Female Doctor satisfy's that need.. so I'd fill this spot with a lawyer)

You've forgotten comic relief!

No one wants to question the sanity of a man whose plans for a pleasant survival in a post-apocalyptic wasteland include bringing a LAWYER? Unless this is another sort of black-comedy divorce joke...

So GG,

What purpose do you serve in this New Gwjrati World Order?

6. Historian.

I reserve this position, since I thought of it first

7. Public Relations.

[racking Vera]

Lester_King wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

LFG

1. ME
2. Gunner/Sharpshooter (in case of Zombies or Looters)
3. Hot female thats attracted to me
4. MacGyver Type (jury rig mechanical things.. I can handle technology.. but I need someone to convert grass into propane and stuff like that)
5. Doctor or Lawyer (depends on #3.. say a Hot Female Doctor satisfy's that need.. so I'd fill this spot with a lawyer)

You've forgotten comic relief!

No, GG covered that with number 3. Number 3 can fill all positions(giggity).

Paleocon wrote:

So GG,

What purpose do you serve in this New Gwjrati World Order?

well since its me.. I dont really have to serve a purpose.. I'm just sorta paying for the shelter..

No one wants to question the sanity of a man whose plans for a pleasant survival in a post-apocalyptic wasteland include bringing a LAWYER? Unless this is another sort of black-comedy divorce joke...

I didnt really want a doctor either.. usually they bore you to death talking about golf.. its a necessary evil.

My gf characterizes doctors as "filthy animals who never wash their hands".

She's a nurse practicioner.