Post a picture, entertain me!

Lift and drag are components of the same vector. The surface integral of the pressure about a body. I'll give you that friction drag and pressure drag are different aerodynamic phenomena though.

Jonman wrote:
maverickz wrote:

If you're nice I'll even tell you how lift and drag are the same thing.

Counterpoint - parasitic lift isn't a thing.

Neither is parasitic drag. That's just a name we give to forces we don't like. There are only two kinds of drag. Pressure and friction. Everything else is just semantics and word play.

Lift? "Upward" component of force that is a resultant of the dynamic pressure integral. Drag? Longitudinal component of same force. Buoyancy? Upward force due to the surface pressure integral about stationary body. Thrust? Total "lift" force from each propeller blade due to the resultant of surface integral of pressure about the wing, I mean propeller blade, pointed in the opposite direction of "drag". It's all the same.

Formula 1 wing downforce? Same thing.

maverickz wrote:

Neither is parasitic drag. That's just a name we give to forces we don't like. There are only two kinds of drag. Pressure and friction. Everything else is just semantics and word play.

Word play is uplifting and never a drag!

BushPilot wrote:

Word play is uplifting and never a drag!

Edit: way to edit your post and ruin my wordplay /pout

Sorry I.... spoiled... your fun.

Moggy wrote:

[/pendant]

IMAGE(https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1IZBsk9rqK1RjSZK9q6xyypXa8.jpg)

Moggy wrote:
maverickz wrote:

If you're nice I'll even tell you how lift and drag are the same thing.

Well.... technically... they're vectors at a 90 degree angle to each other. So not *quite* the same thing. Technically...

[/pendant]

No we aren't.

Brah, even lift?

Who says we don't like drag? Am I gonna have to get some of my girls up in this bitch?

Sorry I.... spoiled... your fun.

Your spoiler is a drag.

Spoiler:

Drag

edit: Love that link Maverick <3

Hobear wrote:

Brah, even lift?

Nah. Too much of a drag.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/CPYlPQQ.jpg)

Foreign languages are hard.

Mantid wrote:

Foreign languages are hard.

She's doing just fire.

"Damn girl, that ass is FIRE"

That actually works better.

maverickz wrote:

Lift and drag are components of the same vector. The surface integral of the pressure about a body. I'll give you that friction drag and pressure drag are different aerodynamic phenomena though.

Jonman wrote:
maverickz wrote:

If you're nice I'll even tell you how lift and drag are the same thing.

Counterpoint - parasitic lift isn't a thing.

Neither is parasitic drag. That's just a name we give to forces we don't like. There are only two kinds of drag. Pressure and friction. Everything else is just semantics and word play.

Hey, if you engineers need us, the aviators will be in the bar drinking a beer and talking to the girls.

Coldstream wrote:

Hey, if you engineers need us, the aviators will be in the bar drinking a beer and talking to the girls. ;)

Yeah, all those games of homoerotic volleyball can really give a guy a thirst.

IMAGE(https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/top-gun_55038730-1443x796-1443x796.jpg)

Jonman wrote:
Coldstream wrote:

Hey, if you engineers need us, the aviators will be in the bar drinking a beer and talking to the girls. ;)

Yeah, all those games of homoerotic volleyball can really give a guy a thirst.

IMAGE(https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/top-gun_55038730-1443x796-1443x796.jpg)

Just because a bunch of guys strip down, oil themselves, and then play with balls, doesn't mean that it's homoerotic.

Coldstream wrote:
Jonman wrote:
Coldstream wrote:

Hey, if you engineers need us, the aviators will be in the bar drinking a beer and talking to the girls. ;)

Yeah, all those games of homoerotic volleyball can really give a guy a thirst.

IMAGE(https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/top-gun_55038730-1443x796-1443x796.jpg)

Just because a bunch of guys strip down, oil themselves, and then play with balls, doesn't mean that it's homoerotic.

Just because a bunch of guys strip down, oil themselves, and then play with balls, doesn't mean that it's homoerotic.

Neither is this, because it is a.. umm, sports

Spoiler:

Let's not.

Some Scar(r)y stuff
IMAGE(http://flinksnorph.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/IMG_0990.jpg)
IMAGE(http://also.kottke.org/misc/images/scarry-pig-butcher.jpg)

Indeedly ”all kinds of meat”

Moggy wrote:

[/pendant]

If that was deliberate, well-played. You have collected at least one wince from your audience.

Mantid wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/CPYlPQQ.jpg)

Foreign languages are hard.

She was right, though.

Wirogue wrote:

IMAGE(http://also.kottke.org/misc/images/scarry-pig-butcher.jpg)

Indeedly ”all kinds of meat”

Given who the butcher is I just sort of assume the ham, bacon, etc. is "long pork."

Also given who the butcher is, I can't muster a reaction beyond "yeah, I guess that's fair."

Mantid wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/CPYlPQQ.jpg)

Foreign languages are hard.

IMAGE(https://conteudo.imguol.com.br/c/entretenimento/f4/2019/05/05/daenerys-emilia-clarke-ao-lado-de-drogon-em-cena-do-quarto-episodio-da-oitava-temporada-de-game-of-thrones-1557099804138_v2_1920x1080.jpg)

IMAGE(https://www.savagechickens.com/wp-content/uploads/chickenrememberwhen.jpg)

Wirogue wrote:

Some Scar(r)y stuff
IMAGE(http://flinksnorph.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/IMG_0990.jpg)
IMAGE(http://also.kottke.org/misc/images/scarry-pig-butcher.jpg)

Indeedly ”all kinds of meat”

The finest meat pies in all of london sir.

I don't see "priest" in the selection

I'm still really creeped out when the kids want to watch the Mickey Christmas DVD, and the Donald Duck family serves...turkey:

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsujENpVAAEqBSX.jpg)

Plenty of species of birds eat other birds.

Even weirder is watching Donald take Mickey to feed and watch the Ducks like they are some sort of lower form of evolution or research he is currently cultivating. This happened on Mickey Mouse Club House

Reminds me of this Animal Crossing meme I saw the other day.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/nSIdoR1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium)