Post a picture, entertain me!

Katy wrote:
lostlobster wrote:

That is amazing. And makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough as a parent.

Counterpoint: Over Achieving Elf on the Shelf Mommies

I've never heard of this Elf on the Shelf thing before, so I looked it up. Someone invented a Christmas "tradition" back in 2005? One that conveniently involves buying a specific book and toy? F that.

muttonchop wrote:
Katy wrote:
lostlobster wrote:

That is amazing. And makes me feel like I'm not trying hard enough as a parent.

Counterpoint: Over Achieving Elf on the Shelf Mommies

I've never heard of this Elf on the Shelf thing before, so I looked it up. Someone invented a Christmas "tradition" back in 2005? One that conveniently involves buying a specific book and toy? F that.

Traditions have to start somewhere. Not into this one specifically but I'm generally tired of everything that's a tradition really meaning "what baby boomers did."

Also the idea has been around in Japan since the 50s, apparently.

Yeah I guess so. This one just annoys me for some reason.

Fair enough. You're not really wrong, selling a tradition is still BS.

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7892681984/hAE24DFC2/)

My sister bought one for my niece. I moved it every morning for her while I was at home, but eventually everyone started forgetting about it. Including my niece.

No, what's frightening is I have a friend with some sort of elf doll that she takes with her everywhere and photographs in different poses. I mean if she's going on a road trip, she'll photograph it sitting at the table at IHOP and share it on Facebook.

I try to be understanding, but every time I see one of those photos I'm kind of freaked out.

ccesarano wrote:

No, what's frightening is I have a friend with some sort of elf doll that she takes with her everywhere and photographs in different poses. I mean if she's going on a road trip, she'll photograph it sitting at the table at IHOP and share it on Facebook.

So my mom accidently sent her camera battery charger back with my kids when they came back from visiting over the summer. I've been carrying it around on biking outings, amusement parks, family dinners, etc. photographing it so that I can send her a bunch of pictures of its "vacation" when I send it back.

ccesarano wrote:

My sister bought one for my niece. I moved it every morning for her while I was at home, but eventually everyone started forgetting about it. Including my niece.

No, what's frightening is I have a friend with some sort of elf doll that she takes with her everywhere and photographs in different poses. I mean if she's going on a road trip, she'll photograph it sitting at the table at IHOP and share it on Facebook.

I try to be understanding, but every time I see one of those photos I'm kind of freaked out.

My brother-in-law does that with his teddy bear from his childhood. He is 30. I am not just 'kind of' freaked out by this.

I don't know, that all sounds fun to me.

soonerjudd wrote:
Rykin wrote:

I feel for you man. We only have a few holdouts, most of which are just people or classrooms that have been overlooked. We do have a few places where they have a semi-legitimate reason for still using XP. Like the Bursar Office where they are too cheap to upgrade to the newest version of QuickBooks so they have to use Windows XP to run their copy of QuickBooks 98!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, are you telling me that the office that handles all the money for the university doesn't have the money to pay for their money-tracking software?

State school and a department full of technophobes.

SixteenBlue wrote:

I don't know, that all sounds fun to me.

If you knew him it would be more off-putting than charming. It isn't that kind of 'whee this is hilarious' fun he is having, it is 'this is a special member of the family and should be treated as such' sort of fun.

As a member of the Pictures In The Post A Picture Thread Task Force that I just created, I'm fulfilling my duty by, once again, breaking multiple consecutive non-picture posts by ... posting a picture.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/ZBcfj8o.jpg)

MeatMan wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7892681984/hAE24DFC2/)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/F6IDO6B.jpg)

LouZiffer wrote:
MeatMan wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7892681984/hAE24DFC2/)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/F6IDO6B.jpg)

Yes, and I can grok how 1 of those 2 pictures is meant to function. The other one appears to be nonsense.

EDIT: WAIT. I got it. The top picture is for washing feet.

SallyNasty wrote:
SixteenBlue wrote:

I don't know, that all sounds fun to me.

If you knew him it would be more off-putting than charming. It isn't that kind of 'whee this is hilarious' fun he is having, it is 'this is a special member of the family and should be treated as such' sort of fun.

And I'm out....haha.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/LCm1JBi.jpg)

He doesn't know about the seashells.

Dr_Awkward wrote:

He doesn't know about the seashells.

IMAGE(http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/7065/513105-demolitionman_super.jpg)
Don't need to know now.

zeroKFE wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZEGtn-IIAAKtwH.jpg)

Even more funny because it's actually more true than the picture indicates, at least at the various big box hardware stores around here. Home Depots, Lowes, etc, all of them have one aisle that contains about 85% of what you would buy for DIY BDSM fun, despite the fact that many of the items are otherwise unrelated.

All these words and they didn't include... THERE'S or THERE IS. Not theres.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZDu_vrIIAA1dLK.jpg:large)

S&M Building Supply Co - where to go for the hardware you need and our prices will never need a safeword.

oilypenguin wrote:

EDIT: WAIT. I got it. The top picture is for washing feet.

While peeing.

Demosthenes wrote:

All these words and they didn't include... THERE'S or THERE IS. Not theres.

Also:
IMAGE(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3935/9w17.jpg)

IMAGE(https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MXehE9wOjgk/UoWEiF0OTtI/AAAAAAAAJts/ZSI5EqdC4ds/w500-h609-no/13+-+1)

Trachalio wrote:

IMAGE(https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-MXehE9wOjgk/UoWEiF0OTtI/AAAAAAAAJts/ZSI5EqdC4ds/w500-h609-no/13+-+1)

That is awesome. The Norse are, indeed, METAL.

Please tell me that is an actual book I can buy.

EDIT: Oh, the picture is a link. Silly me! And sweet!

Yeah, getting that for my brother for Christmas. He likely already knows the majority of those stories (he's Captain History for the most part), but I think he'd appreciate it.

MeatMan wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7892681984/hAE24DFC2/)

I'm guessing this is just a fancy way to wash your hair at a salon. Any other use would just seem way too weird and..... splattery.

IMAGE(http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196fvzx983iudjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg)