Post a picture, entertain me!

Gravey wrote:
Veloxi wrote:

I actually just saw this for the first time, and the slow approach and steady camera angle that showed it in its entirety as Omar approach actually filled me with fear the closer he got. f*cking amazing movie.

Full disclosure, I haven't seen the movie. The still was used as an answer on Jeopardy the other day, saying the character Sherif Ali was played by an actor of the same name. I called out "Who is Omar!" and then immediately knew what I had to 'shoop.

I see it's on Netflix, so I should probably watch it this weekend.

Apparently there was a super-duper new Blu-Ray edition just released. *want*

ibdoomed wrote:
Gravey wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3iqAB.jpg)

Who is omar?

I think they are referring to Omar Sherif who is a well-known Egyptian actor as well as Omar, a character from The Wire, an HBO show. Omar was a bad-ass criminal and when he walked down the street kids would yell out, Omar's comin'!

master0 wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/13/PxK3Rs6P90CLdXAjI2SzLQ2.jpg)

It looks like an Onyx from Pokemon. Sand Onyx!

Gravey wrote:
Veloxi wrote:

I actually just saw this for the first time, and the slow approach and steady camera angle that showed it in its entirety as Omar approach actually filled me with fear the closer he got. f*cking amazing movie.

Full disclosure, I haven't seen the movie. The still was used as an answer on Jeopardy the other day, saying the character Sherif Ali was played by an actor of the same name. I called out "Who is Omar!" and then immediately knew what I had to 'shoop.

I see it's on Netflix, so I should probably watch it this weekend.

It's an AMAZING movie, and I too am coveting the Blu-ray REALLY badly, but be prepared to set aside about 4 hours to watch it all.

Strangeblades wrote:
Katy wrote:

I might have to make these socks someday, though they are completely impractical.

IMAGE(http://tsocktsarina.com/blog/images/2012/11/bothsocks.jpg)

I don't grok the right sock.

Another shark going the other way.

Strangeblades wrote:
ibdoomed wrote:
Gravey wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3iqAB.jpg)

Who is omar?

I think they are referring to Omar Sherif who is a well-known Egyptian actor as well as Omar, a character from The Wire, an HBO show. Omar was a bad-ass criminal and when he walked down the street kids would yell out, Omar's comin'!

This whole conversation, and the name of the film has yet to be explictly stated. Someone should fix that so I could have some idea just what the hell you're all talking about.

DanyBoy wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
ibdoomed wrote:
Gravey wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3iqAB.jpg)

Who is omar?

I think they are referring to Omar Sherif who is a well-known Egyptian actor as well as Omar, a character from The Wire, an HBO show. Omar was a bad-ass criminal and when he walked down the street kids would yell out, Omar's comin'!

This whole conversation, and the name of the film has yet to be explictly stated. Someone should fix that so I could have some idea just what the hell you're all talking about. :P

Lawrence of Arabia, I'd guess.

DanyBoy wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
ibdoomed wrote:
Gravey wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3iqAB.jpg)

Who is omar?

I think they are referring to Omar Sherif who is a well-known Egyptian actor as well as Omar, a character from The Wire, an HBO show. Omar was a bad-ass criminal and when he walked down the street kids would yell out, Omar's comin'!

This whole conversation, and the name of the film has yet to be explictly stated. Someone should fix that so I could have some idea just what the hell you're all talking about. :P

Seriously. My guess is Lawrence of Arabia.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/kqtEG.jpg)

What does Lando Calrissian have to do with Omar?

SuperDave wrote:
DanyBoy wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
ibdoomed wrote:
Gravey wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3iqAB.jpg)

Who is omar?

I think they are referring to Omar Sherif who is a well-known Egyptian actor as well as Omar, a character from The Wire, an HBO show. Omar was a bad-ass criminal and when he walked down the street kids would yell out, Omar's comin'!

This whole conversation, and the name of the film has yet to be explictly stated. Someone should fix that so I could have some idea just what the hell you're all talking about. :P

Seriously. My guess is Lawrence of Arabia.

Yup.

ibdoomed wrote:

Who is omar?

Hey, that's the opening line from my Ayn Rand/The Wire fanfiction novel.

I need to pick up Lawrence of Arabia on Blu-ray. It came out this Tuesday.

Click for full size.

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/16/1vcqc_gJAUCr6R-rCLIb0Q2.jpg)

Minarchist wrote:

From the "always double-check your layout" department:

IMAGE(http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2012/11/15/10/enhanced-buzz-10575-1352991884-12.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/15/ZW01rvuOaECcs31pfxLSKg2.jpg)

MeatMan wrote:
Minarchist wrote:

From the "always double-check your layout" department:

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/15/ZW01rvuOaECcs31pfxLSKg2.jpg)

Ha, that's from my local paper.

IMAGE(http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2012/11/15/3798067/ca-tyson12-gallery-20121115181335730674-600x400.jpg)

Mike Tyson understands the threat posed by the wildlife here.

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/15/6YfE3pPB-UOqN9LY5PgC6w2.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/12/ctiaGixPsEGmlQqMK4K1sg2.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/11/_Ra8OqYukUKyZk15yOTVjg2.jpg)

[edit]

One more ... for the ladies.

IMAGE(https://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/11/12/F2fDbK5FnE-_j7ANx9xd9A2.jpg)

ibdoomed wrote:

Who is omar?

I am disappoint.

Veloxi wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
DanyBoy wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
ibdoomed wrote:
Gravey wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3iqAB.jpg)

Who is omar?

I think they are referring to Omar Sherif who is a well-known Egyptian actor as well as Omar, a character from The Wire, an HBO show. Omar was a bad-ass criminal and when he walked down the street kids would yell out, Omar's comin'!

This whole conversation, and the name of the film has yet to be explictly stated. Someone should fix that so I could have some idea just what the hell you're all talking about. :P

Seriously. My guess is Lawrence of Arabia.

Yup.

Am I the only one who expects Omar to be a little closer each time this image has been posted?

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/4Ft2Y.jpg)

I was bored...

IMAGE(http://www.marcofolio.net/images/stories/fun/imagedump/imgdmp_0710/october_07_03.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.marcofolio.net/images/stories/fun/imagedump/imgdmp_0710/october_07_19.gif)

IMAGE(http://www.marcofolio.net/images/stories/fun/imagedump/imgdmp_0710/october_07_47.jpg)

IMAGE(http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/lionesses-white-lion-drinking-at-the-watering-hole.jpg)

IMAGE(http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/perseid-meteor-shower-snowy-range-wyoming.jpg)

IMAGE(http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/if-jupiter-was-as-close-to-earth-as-the-moon.jpg)

IMAGE(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mGCjGLUiVm4/T9C6fkEyBGI/AAAAAAAAAkc/Tq1k-_w4Ym8/s1600/484285_379853398743566_1989524798_n.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.davidshrigley.com/images/photo_pics/notice.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/ry1eO.jpg)

IMAGE(http://photos.ellen.warnerbros.com/gallery-images/2012/02/021312_1897216_6_3382323_full.jpg)

IMAGE(http://static1.pixdaus.com/files/items/pics/4/68/553468_04662c183e712dc6c7bd4dc3a2fc1031_large.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.sheldoncomics.com/strips/sd101026.gif)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3rAe9.jpg)

tanstaafl wrote:

IMAGE(http://www.sheldoncomics.com/strips/sd101026.gif)

As I read this last one I think to myself "But why, if they all flow to the object 'cookie' are they flowing to separate objects? Is each cookie somehow discreet from the cookie object found down the other path? If so there should be something to show that in the chart, otherwise they should all flow into the same outcome..."

Perhaps I make too many flow charts for work.

Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Katy wrote:

I might have to make these socks someday, though they are completely impractical.

IMAGE(http://tsocktsarina.com/blog/images/2012/11/bothsocks.jpg)

I don't grok the right sock.

Another shark going the other way.

Yeah. But what's in its mouth? Those are cool though.

Rudolph.

obirano wrote:
Bonus_Eruptus wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Katy wrote:

I might have to make these socks someday, though they are completely impractical.

IMAGE(http://tsocktsarina.com/blog/images/2012/11/bothsocks.jpg)

I don't grok the right sock.

Another shark going the other way.

Yeah. But what's in its mouth? Those are cool though.

I think it's supposed to be eating something...

SuperDave wrote:
DanyBoy wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
ibdoomed wrote:
Gravey wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/3iqAB.jpg)

Who is omar?

I think they are referring to Omar Sherif who is a well-known Egyptian actor as well as Omar, a character from The Wire, an HBO show. Omar was a bad-ass criminal and when he walked down the street kids would yell out, Omar's comin'!

This whole conversation, and the name of the film has yet to be explictly stated. Someone should fix that so I could have some idea just what the hell you're all talking about. :P

Seriously. My guess is Lawrence of Arabia.

My mom took my brother and I to see the 25th anniversary restoration on 70mm in the theatres. So all you blue-ray folks haven't really seen Lawrence of Arabia.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/6XViU.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/5jUMR.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/Vk6U1.jpg)

tanstaafl wrote:

IMAGE(http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/lionesses-white-lion-drinking-at-the-watering-hole.jpg)

My friend and I are gonna finish this drink. Then, you are f*cked.

Get bored more often, tanstaaf.

This page delivers.