"They're violating the Bible!"

So I was eating lunch and reading a book while C-Span or Fox or CNN or another one of those news hullabaloo stations was running, and I was paying marginal attention as one of the chief Democrat senators was decrying the special interests and the Republican-led Congress's continued pandering to drug companies and the like, complaining about corruption and selling out and everything, of which unfortunately the majority of our congressmen and women of both parties are guilty.

But then one of the Republican congresswomen came up to rebut him, and immediately launched into a tirade about how the Democrats (at least, I have to admit that was implied, since I didn't hear her specify them) are "violating the Bible!" or something very, very similar to that (it was either that word or a very close synonym).

It was all I could do to not choke on my food as I laughed.

I'm sorry, but what the heck does the Bible have to do with new lobbying laws intended to restrict corporate interests? That was a great diversionary tactic though.

"violating the Bible"? Ew.

I keep money in my Bible... is that a violation of some kind?

American Taliban:

http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

*DISCLAIMER* I post this link in good jest. I do not think you president is a taliban. I just found several of the quotes hilarious and frigthening at the same time

Demosthenes wrote:

I keep money in my Bible... is that a violation of some kind?

I thought that was the whole point of the bible.

anyone see that episode of My Name Is Earl where that convicted felon's mom beats up Earl with the large print edition of the KJV Bible?

chrisg wrote:

American Taliban:

http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

I'm going to Canada!

VicD714 wrote:
chrisg wrote:

American Taliban:

http://www.reandev.com/taliban/

I'm going to Canada!

You can run, but you'll only die tired. Those kinds of cultists are everywhere.

Paleocon wrote:

You can run, but you'll only die tired. Those kinds of cultists are everywhere.

I dunno, around here we dont elect them, so they`re left preaching to other such retards

Paleocon wrote:

anyone see that episode of My Name Is Earl where that convicted felon's mom beats up Earl with the large print edition of the KJV Bible?

Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou,

*flip*

nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the taber

*flip*

nacle of the congregation, lest ye die

That is one sad, scary page... Full of sad, scary people...

Edwin wrote:
Demosthenes wrote:

I keep money in my Bible... is that a violation of some kind?

I thought that was the whole point of the bible. ;)

No-no, that's where you keep the gun. Money goes in the bird feed.

That is one sad, scary page... Full of sad, scary people...

Sad and scary they may be but,

Fob James wrote:

"A good butt-whipping and then a prayer is a wonderful remedy."

THAT is goddamned funny!