Firefly - Love it!

NathanialG wrote:

Maybe it is like Spaceteam and you are all listening to Kaylee to save the ship.

I would immediately buy and play the hell out of Firefly Spaceteam.

...I will probably also get the Firefly cow-clicking game we're actually going to get, but that's because I'm utterly shameless.

For anyone interested in the Firefly board game and going to GenCon:

MisterMagnus, PlusOne, and I are all signed up for the Thursday 10am slot to demo the game. Please feel free to join us!

(posted in the GenCon thread as well as the board game thread )

So I guess Inara used to be a tranny...

She's getting it removed.

Hope she calls me first thing after

Mex wrote:

So I guess Inara used to be a tranny...

Not an OK word.

Tanglebones wrote:
Mex wrote:

So I guess Inara used to be a tranny...

Not an OK word.

Ovary-impaired?

A tranny is a mechanism that changes gears. A transvestite, however...

Mex wrote:

Hope she calls me first thing after

Then steals your camera.

Quintin_Stone wrote:
Mex wrote:

Hope she calls me first thing after

Then steals your camera.

Now THAT is some old-school GWJ sh*t right there. Raise your hand if you got this one, folks!

Fedaykin98 wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
Mex wrote:

Hope she calls me first thing after

Then steals your camera.

Now THAT is some old-school GWJ sh*t right there. Raise your hand if you got this one, folks! :lol:

*sad-face*, I found this site too late....

Fedaykin98 wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
Mex wrote:

Hope she calls me first thing after

Then steals your camera.

Now THAT is some old-school GWJ sh*t right there. Raise your hand if you got this one, folks! :lol:

Si

Citizen86 wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
Mex wrote:

Hope she calls me first thing after

Then steals your camera.

Now THAT is some old-school GWJ sh*t right there. Raise your hand if you got this one, folks! :lol:

*sad-face*, I found this site too late....

I'm sure we'll get a link soon. Might even be in the Commandments.

Nathan Filion re-tweeted this pic last night:
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/UVnhIMA.jpg)

While that's awesome, I'd be super worried about getting into unexpected accidents.

Demyx wrote:

While that's awesome, I'd be super worried about getting into unexpected accidents.

Oh look, free lumber!

Too soon.

"Done the Impossible" recently went up on Netflix..... I'd never heard about it before, so I'll have to check it out.

AndrewA wrote:

"Done the Impossible" recently went up on Netflix..... I'd never heard about it before, so I'll have to check it out.

It's a great fan love letter to the series. Lots of folks I know are in it too.

Grumpicus wrote:
Fedaykin98 wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:
Mex wrote:

Hope she calls me first thing after

Then steals your camera.

Now THAT is some old-school GWJ sh*t right there. Raise your hand if you got this one, folks! :lol:

Si

Aren't we missing a segway to Civ 2 in there somewhere? Or is my brain mixing up stories...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/firefly-out-to-the-black

Any thoughts on the boardgame currently on kickstarter?

It seems off to me and I am not keen on backing it. :S

Bonnonon wrote:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/firefly-out-to-the-black

Any thoughts on the boardgame currently on kickstarter?

It seems off to me and I am not keen on backing it. :S

Kickstarter page wrote:

Cooperative card game that pits you and yours against the 'Verse. Do the job, earn your credits, keep your honor, avoid the Alliance!

I agree, they got the quote ass-backwards... I assume they wanted to change it to that, but... no, it's wrong.

Edit: I watched the How to Play video. I'm undecided... it looks well put together. I'm not sure how much fun it would be to play though.... could be fun, but possibly, not...

I also never heard them so "Gorammit" in the show, but I assume that the makers are trying to be funny. *shrug*

Hmm...GameSalute is run by the guy who owns my FLGS. Just fired off an email to see if anyone in my gaming circle has messed with a prototype/PnP version of the game.

I saw it, but haven't backed it. It just doesn't look all that fun. It's like the skill checks from Battlestar Galactica but with random chance instead of a traitor.

Citizen86 wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/firefly-out-to-the-black

Any thoughts on the boardgame currently on kickstarter?

It seems off to me and I am not keen on backing it. :S

Kickstarter page wrote:

Cooperative card game that pits you and yours against the 'Verse. Do the job, earn your credits, keep your honor, avoid the Alliance!

I agree, they got the quote ass-backwards... I assume they wanted to change it to that, but... no, it's wrong.

Maybe they're trying to avoid a lawsuit? *shrug*

sometimesdee wrote:
Citizen86 wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamesalute/firefly-out-to-the-black

Any thoughts on the boardgame currently on kickstarter?

It seems off to me and I am not keen on backing it. :S

Kickstarter page wrote:

Cooperative card game that pits you and yours against the 'Verse. Do the job, earn your credits, keep your honor, avoid the Alliance!

I agree, they got the quote ass-backwards... I assume they wanted to change it to that, but... no, it's wrong.

Maybe they're trying to avoid a lawsuit? *shrug*

I can't imagine that's the reason... they're using "Firefly", all the actors photos... everything from the show. You'd have to imagine it's officially licensed, or at least not infringing on copyright. I don't think changing the catch line would avoid that. I assume they changed it to fit in more with the game... but it's still dumb

Firefly: Out To The Black (Canceled) is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.

No need to check the servers — the rest of Kickstarter is doing just fine.

Thanks for your patience.

What was that, Citizen86?

ETA: Your argument is invalid.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/yEI9aoU.jpg)

sometimesdee wrote:

What was that, Citizen86?

ETA: Your argument is invalid.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say

I was saying two different things.

1) I told you so, about there being copyright issues.

2) Summer Glau's holding a t-shirt of herself. "Your argument is invalid" isn't directed at anyone.