GWJCFFL Rules discussion
Ok so I was looking at the way the points were added up and I have a few suggestions for changes.
1. Get rid of the Can't Cut List.
Can't Cut Lists only lead to bad injury situations where someone can't dump someone even if for that person he has become useless. I think giving managers an option to protest trades is good enough.
2. I am not really sure how waivers work so I just want to make sure someone who knows how they work looks over how waivers are setup so we don't get screwed with a bad waiver system.
3. I think we should add in Team Victory if it is possible.
We all have to choose a team to play every week and if they win we get 4 points. We would of course draft the teams for Team Victory as one of our positions, just like Team Defense.
4. Injured Reserve List is a good idea.
Not being able to play someone because they are injured is bad enough, having to dump someone you know will be back and useful as a starter because you need to have someone to fill in for them would be horrible. Injured reserve lists work great you get to pick up someone without having to dump anyone, but once your IR player is back you must decide to dump someone if your roster is too large.
Now for Points setup.
1. Passing Ints should only be -1
2. Recieving Ints should only be +1
-2 and +2 for ints doesn't sound like a lot but it can totally devestate someone especially if the team you are playing is running the defense against your QB. A 4 pt swing on 1 play is just too much power.
3. Passing TDs should be reduced to 4pts.
So that QB's are not too powerful.
4. If there is any way possible it would be great to add in a bonus for any over 50 yard TDs.
The league I am currently in now has it so that you get double the points for the TDs. It would apply to: passing TDs, Recieving, Running, and defensive or special team's TDs.
5. QB Passing yards should be changed to 1pt for every 100 yards.
Again so that QBs don't become too powerful, and so that we don't end up with recievers or running backs who pass once or twice during a game and ending up with pts for passing.
6. We should include pts for milestones such as 1 or 2pts extra for QB's who reach 300 yards passing. RBs, WRs, and QBs could get 1 pt extra for reaching 100 yards rushing and or recieving. Than another extra point for 200 yards rushing and or recieving etc.
7. Field goals I would only change slightly and give 50+ yards 6pts, maybe eliminate the 4 pts for 40-49 yards.
8. If we are going to have fumbles included (I am up in the air on this category) we should change it so that anyone who fumbles recieves -1 pt and defensive fumble recoveries get +1pts.
Again 2pts either way is too big.
9. blocked kicks category we should just loose altogether.
League Divionsal Setup.
I am in another 12 team league and the way these usually work best is by having a 3 division league. You play everyone within your own division twice, which makes interdivisional matchups really important, and you play everyone in the other divisions only once.
For playoffs the top 8 teams make it in (which allows for more teams to have a chance). The top 2 teams start with bonus pts for playoff week 1, this way everyone has to earn thier chance to stay in every week but top two still get a benefit for doing so well. The order would be 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5. The next week if the no.1 ranked player is still in he again gets bonus pts, but much smaller than the previous week and again he gets to play the lowest ranked team. Week three no bonus pts for anyone, it's superbowl baby!
Long post but I think it will help make for a much more interesting football league.