GWJ NL Week 3

League has been advanced.

Matchups are:

Brewers (Junior72) v. Mets (Frankiemumbles)
Nationals (The Highlander) v. Braves (Scorpionfct)
Pirates (Poppinfresh 2K5) v. Padres (Sanjuro)
Phillies (Certis) v. Marlins (Da1NOnlyWhitey)

Deadline for games to be played is 12 a.m. EST 5/12/05

Pigpen, I can be available most nights, except this Thursday.

hey certis i am available to play tonight(wednesday) from around 10 est to about midnight.. other than that im available fridaynight or sunday throughout the day... let me know

hey certis i am available to play tonight(wednesday) from around 10 est to about midnight.. other than that im available fridaynight or sunday throughout the day... let me know

Let''s shoot for Sunday at say... 4PM EST?

Frankiemumbles, I''m available any night except for Tuesday the 10th and Thursday the 12th from 5:30 pm until 10:00 pm CST. Let me know what you think.

Sanj! Lessee... Can''t do tonight. Pretty free (weekdays after 6:30 EST) until Sunday, which I also can''t do (unless you want to go for the AM). Next Monday and Tuesday after 6:30 EST should also be pretty good. Choose!

Highlander...same as usual...and tonight is good...holler on xfire and we''ll work up a game!

BTW...do we have to do the starting pitcher they give us...ie rotation, or can we go to one or our two main pitchers?

"Pigpen" wrote:

BTW...do we have to do the starting pitcher they give us...ie rotation, or can we go to one or our two main pitchers?

I got the impression that you pretty much have to use different pitchers, as under one of the menus (Injuries?) it shows how fatigued your pitcher is. Certis mentioned to me that your starter is good for once every three or four games or so, which sounds about right. If they rotate on the lineup, I never noticed, as I just manually pick one.

To change the pitcher-- at your lineup screen, hit A on your starting pitcher, then A again on the pitcher you want to use. They should switch positions so you have a new starting pitcher.

So there''s a probably overly complete answer...

Edit: Bad grammar! Bad!

"Pigpen" wrote:

Highlander...same as usual...and tonight is good...holler on xfire and we''ll work up a game!

Will do.

Yeah what Poppin said.

Anytime a pitcher comes in he will probably be on the injured list. If he goes a complete game, he could be on the list for 2 days.
What gets me though is when RELIEF pitchers are going on the injured list. I could have my closer come in for the final inning and he could turn around and be fatigued for 2 games. We''re they nuts? A closer is by definition ready to go almost every game.

"Highlander" wrote:

Anytime a pitcher comes in he will probably be on the injured list. If he goes a complete game, he could be on the list for 2 days.
What gets me though is when RELIEF pitchers are going on the injured list. I could have my closer come in for the final inning and he could turn around and be fatigued for 2 games. We''re they nuts? A closer is by definition ready to go almost every game.

I''ve noticed that as well, and it is dumb.

It also looks to me like your pitcher fatigues quicker when things are going poorly for him. In my mind, there''s a whole lot of momentum that goes into their pitching model-- if you get red squares your pitching becomes easier, you fatigue less, and you stay accurate. Of course, the opposite is true if you pitch poorly. Bottom line, it seems like the first few innings can be very, very important. After having played a few games, I kind of feel like if my pitcher looks bad after three innings (blue squares and such), then the game really wants you to yank him quick, because they make it pretty hard to keep on using him. I just think they went a little overboard on this.

NL is for LOSERS!

"Warlock" wrote:

NL is for LOSERS!

*sniff*

Edit: I just checked out the AL thread. Hmmm...

AL owners have bowel control issues.

So there!

"Poppinfresh" wrote:
"Warlock" wrote:

NL is for LOSERS!

*sniff*

Edit: I just checked out the AL thread. Hmmm...

AL owners have bowel control issues.

So there! ;)

I think that should be posted in the AL thread, Poppin.

"Highlander" wrote:

I think that should be posted in the AL thread, Poppin.

But... I''m soft and doughy! They''d kill and eat me over there!

Oh, all right, but you should be prepared to pick up the crumbs if I don''t return!

Great job Poppin.

Don''t get mad because you don''t have a DH like we do! Just go in the corner and play your small ball.

we dont need a dh to score more runs our pitchers arent pansies and can hit the ball and drive in some runs

we dont need a dh to score more runs our pitchers arent pansies and can hit the ball and drive in some runs

"Poppinfresh" wrote:

Sanj! Lessee... Can''t do tonight. Pretty free (weekdays after 6:30 EST) until Sunday, which I also can''t do (unless you want to go for the AM). Next Monday and Tuesday after 6:30 EST should also be pretty good. Choose!

You wanna do Sunday AM?

Pigpen, you around?

JR I will be on tonight from 9eastern to about 12:30 if you can play come on and invite me or tell me what time.

"Sanjuro" wrote:
"Poppinfresh" wrote:

Sanj! Lessee... Can''t do tonight. Pretty free (weekdays after 6:30 EST) until Sunday, which I also can''t do (unless you want to go for the AM). Next Monday and Tuesday after 6:30 EST should also be pretty good. Choose!

You wanna do Sunday AM?

Sunday AM is fine! Something like 10:00 AM EST okay?

"frankiemumbles" wrote:

JR I will be on tonight from 9eastern to about 12:30 if you can play come on and invite me or tell me what time.

Sounds good, I''ll look for you. Should be on around 9:00 EST.

Sorry highlander...for some reason...when you xfired me, I never saw it while in GW...or I''d have popped out for the game...

tonight?

Slacker.

Can''t tonight. I have a real world softball game. Maybe Friday night or this weekend. Or Monday.

friday or weekend works

"Poppinfresh" wrote:

Sunday AM is fine! Something like 10:00 AM EST okay?

Sweet jumpin'' jesus! That''s 7am for me, and there''s no way that I''m going to be able to remain sober enough Saturday night to make that a possibility. How about noon EST? I''ll set two alarms.

Whoops! I forgot that you''re one of those freaky-deaky left-coasters. I''ll have to check with my wife, then, as I know we''re supposed to leave at something like 1PM Sunday afternoon for some family function of hers. I''ll get back to you when I hear from her. Would it be easier for you if we played late-night sometime?

Negative. My late nights between here and the deadline are all full. How about 11am EST, then? <shudders>

We can shoot for 11, but I''ll ask my wife when we need to leave here by and see if we can push it back some. [size=9]I sure don''t feel any need to get there early...[/size] Sound good?