And the man who the Madden curse will ruin this year is...

Donovan McNabb!

Has anyone ever tried to refuse getting put on the cover?

Didn''t it skip a year this year? The only curse Ray Lewis had to deal with was that his offense blew and Jamal Lewis had legal problems.

Maybe it doesn''t affect defensive players

"Prederick" wrote:

Didn''t it skip a year this year? The only curse Ray Lewis had to deal with was that his offense blew and Jamal Lewis had legal problems.

Well, at least the curse gurantees that the coverman won''t win anything in that season. Hell, one wonders what would happen had they decided to put Tom Brady on it instead of McNabb.

Well, that''s a curse, but then it''s lost some potence. A good curse should be of the ""my genitals burn with the fires of 1,000 suns"" variety.

"Prederick" wrote:

A good curse should be of the ""my genitals burn with the fires of 1,000 suns"" variety.

Well, I''d doubt that Ray Lewis would admit that occuring.

"Prederick" wrote:

Well, that''s a curse, but then it''s lost some potence. A good curse should be of the ""my genitals burn with the fires of 1,000 suns"" variety.

Maybe THAT''s what happened to Mr. Ron Mexico.

He already plays for Philadelphia, what more of a curse do you need? ""Doomed to go to the playoffs and choke every year no matter the sport"" is a pretty rough bitch of a curse anyway.

"Mixolyde" wrote:

He already plays for Philadelphia, what more of a curse do you need? ""Doomed to go to the playoffs and choke every year no matter the sport"" is a pretty rough bitch of a curse anyway.

Yup..he''s cursed.. I mean he only gets to play Professional Football for a living making millions of dollars in salary and even more in endorsments..

Top that with the fact that he''s a great person off the field and he might as well drown himself tommorow he''s so bad off.

Thank god I''m not him.. what a horrible life he must have.

Anyone catch the preview for Madden Next Gen on ESPN just now? That has to be all pre-rendered movie.

Yep, I saw it. Not very impressive. ""Staged"" videos of games like that are entirely worthless.

Yeah, they''ve already said it''s what they THINK the final game will look like... only the final will look even BETTER! I''m getting flashbacks to the PS2 pre-launch here.

Madden = hype.

Unfortunately the final product usually falls well short of the hype.

I like to think Sega, Take Two, and Visual Concepts caught the brunt of the Madden Curse.