GWJHL2 Week Two

I had a lot of fun and Demi was an awesome sport during his ceaseless ass-pounding -- unlike me when Certis lights me up like Broadway and I get all broody and ""eatadickish""

I thought you hated me, we used to have such good times early in the game''s life. *sniff*

Oh no, I love you in that special way that can only come from long years of endlessly losing at hockey games to you.

I think what we should do is play some games with more evenly matched teams. That is, unless you LIKE having a built-in excuse for losing

Heck, I''ll play the Penguins.

"Mixolyde" wrote:

But wait, aren''t you Uber Wolf? That means your German, and God hates Germans! They killed 2 million of the chosen people! I think he''s pretty pissed about it.

And the award for somehow managing to bring the Holocaust up in a gaming thread goes to......

""Uber Wolf"" is an unfortunate relic of the days that my son started the LIVE account. I renewed it this past fall as I was running the football league. Fall 2005 ""Uber Wolf"" dies and GWJ Swampy is born.

Unless there is another GWJ Swampy out there....

"ColdForged" wrote:

What''s particularly sad is that Demi and I had a really close practice game right before (since we couldn''t get into the league because Sega hates us) that was 3-1 me, but only because he had one of those ""doh"" moments and Cujo decided on a whim to toss one into his own goal for me. I had a lot of fun and Demi was an awesome sport during his ceaseless ass-pounding -- unlike me when Certis lights me up like Broadway and I get all broody and ""eatadickish"" -- and I think he''s going to cause some problems when he keep those D-men back instead of going for the big hits at the blue line :).

Thanks for the very fun games, man. Sorry I sounded so awful.

He saw that.

:lol:

Big hits at the blue line. They just can''t be resisted. Nice, juicy flattening hits, that 1% of the time you connect....They are beautiful!

"SwampYankee" wrote:
"Mixolyde" wrote:

But wait, aren''t you Uber Wolf? That means your German, and God hates Germans! They killed 2 million of the chosen people! I think he''s pretty pissed about it.

And the award for somehow managing to bring the Holocaust up in a gaming thread goes to......

[size=8]That was 6 million.[/size]

That is, unless you LIKE having a built-in excuse for losing

uh-oh...

"ColdForged" wrote:
That is, unless you LIKE having a built-in excuse for losing

uh-oh...

Why the hell do you think I picked up Montreal this time?

Did I just write that out loud?

Uh...You picked it because Demi and I shamed you into it. RIGHT?

[size=10]right.[/size]

The truth will set you free, Greenie.

I do believe that Legion is hiding from me. Come and ... ahh ... get some ... chump ... or something.

<Lightly pushes Legion then quickly runs to hide behind Swampy>

"Mr.Green" wrote:
"SwampYankee" wrote:
"Mixolyde" wrote:

But wait, aren''t you Uber Wolf? That means your German, and God hates Germans! They killed 2 million of the chosen people! I think he''s pretty pissed about it.

And the award for somehow managing to bring the Holocaust up in a gaming thread goes to......

[size=8]That was 6 million.[/size]

Right! Slicha! Rememberd the wrong stat there.

Marlin and Mix, Legion and Psycho. When are you guys getting your games played?

Is Marlin even alive?

I sent sir Legion a PM just in case he''s too shy to respond in such a public forum. I''ll let you know if I hear from him.

I sent sir Legion a PM just in case he''s too shy to respond in such a public forum. I''ll let you know if I hear from him.

He likes to wait until the last minute it seems.

I''m likely playing his brother on Saturday. I''ll ask around.

Marlin is alive but I missed our game yesterday due to snow and crap. if him and I can''t get together this weekend, mark it as a win for him.

Mix and I are set for tomorrow.

Mixolyde and I just wrapped our nailbiter of a game. I managed to squeak ahead 2-1 due to a funny rebound off of Burke. If it wasn''t for that, I''m sure the Philly goons would have taken it.

Great game!

We are now just waiting on Legion and Psycho, I''m getting Deja Vu here!

I sent Legion a PM a few days ago, but he hasn''t retrieved it yet. I have too football games I''m gonna try and fit in as well tomorrow. Better start apologizing to my gf now for being on the xbox all night tomorrow. <gulp>

Hey Psycho, sorry for the silence. I''m around tonight if you want to play.

Are you around now?

"PsychoKillerZ" wrote:

Are you around now?

I am now.

EDIT: And online in the game.

"Dramatic Marlin" wrote:

Mixolyde and I just wrapped our nailbiter of a game. I managed to squeak ahead 2-1 due to a funny rebound off of Burke. If it wasn''t for that, I''m sure the Philly goons would have taken it.

Great game!

Yeah, the rebound came right out and burke made no second move on the next shot, which should have been pretty easy if he saw it. otherwise i would''ve taken a 1-1 tie. We''ll see how they do in a couple weeks

Excellent game Legion! We had a close fight where no one ever led by more than 1. I tied it at 3 with a prayer shot at 2.9 seconds left in the third and ended up getting lucky in OT. Let the week be done.

I want to know how much you paid Mike Cammalleri.

This is what overtime was like:

Cammy penalty, 2 minutes.
Penalty killed, Cammy returns to ice
23 seconds pass
Cammy penalty, 2 minutes.
Penalty killed, Cammy returns to ice
10 seconds pass
Cammy penalty, 2 minutes

I spent the whole damn OT period on the PK.

EDIT: And those were game seconds, not real seconds. In real terms, Cammy stepped on the ice, beat the sh*t out of the nearest Shark, and returned to the box, all within about 5 real seconds.

"*Legion*" wrote:

In real terms, Cammy stepped on the ice, beat the sh*t out of the nearest Shark, and returned to the box, all within about 5 real seconds.

That sounds about right, doesn''t it?