My first Xbox Live experience

"Morrolan" wrote:
Second rule of Wiener bomb?

Wiener bomb.

I am giggling uncontrollably at this.

I know I''m late in this thread but it is [i]so[/i] weiner bomb.

"KrazyTaco[FO" wrote:
""]I know I''m late in this thread but it is [i]so[/i] weiner bomb.

You should give it a reacharound.

"Fletcher1138" wrote:
"KrazyTaco[FO" wrote:
""]I know I''m late in this thread but it is [i]so[/i] weiner bomb.

You should give it a reacharound.

Consider it Weiner bombed.

Remember kids, ""I before E"".

I before E, except after.. W! Like in Weiner. And... Weiner bomb! And... Weinershnitzel.

I noticed not long after my original post that I''d misspelled ''wiener''. I thought about going back and editing it, but I decided against it. Weiner bomb must live on in its original incarnation.

Incidentally, ''i before e'' doesn''t apply to German words.

edit: I looked up up ''weiner'' over at http://www.m-w.com, and apparently it''s a ""variant of wiener."" Does that mean it''s a legitimate spelling?!? Truly, this is the hand of destiny in action. WEINER BOMB, BABY!

"LobsterMobster" wrote:
I before E, except after.. W! Like in Weiner. And... Weiner bomb! And... Weinershnitzel.

IMAGE(http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/f3/81/restChain_RestaurantsAllWienerschnitzel1-resized200.gif)

You were saying?

Pwned.

The german I/E rule is usually that the vowel sound being pronounced follows the other. In other words, in wiener, the e follows the i because the ee sound is pronounced, etc. Nein would be an opposite example.

The german I/E rule is usually that the vowel sound being pronounced follows the other. In other words, in wiener , the e follows the i because the ee sound is pronounced, etc. Nein would be an opposite example.

You had me at ""The"".

""Wiener"" is Austrian, not German. It''s derived from the Austrian word for the capital Vienna, Wien.

"*Legion*" wrote:
"Lock&Load" wrote:
Turn it around and have fun with it. My wife likes talking smack through the headset when I play online. It''s pretty funny when the other players start freaking out because they think they''re getting their asses kicked by a woman.

My girlfriend loves doing that on SOCOM II and Xbox Live alike.

""Give me the headset!"", she demands.
""You need to at least tell me what they say to me"", I tell her.

She agrees. Of course, 5 minutes in, I notice the onscreen ""chat"" indicators, and yet jack sh-t is getting relayed from her to me.

""WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?"", I ask
""Huh? Uhm... I don''t know. Something about a bomb guy or something.""

*sigh*


this is when you set the voice chat to come through the speakers

"Lobo" wrote:
""Wiener"" is Austrian, not German. It''s derived from the Austrian word for the capital Vienna, Wien.

um... they speak German in Austria

You win.

um... they speak German in Austria

No, No. They speak Australian.

WEINER BOMB!!!
WIENER BOMB!!

"*Legion*" wrote:
"LobsterMobster" wrote:
I before E, except after.. W! Like in Weiner. And... Weiner bomb! And... Weinershnitzel.

IMAGE(http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/f3/81/restChain_RestaurantsAllWienerschnitzel1-resized200.gif)

You were saying? ;)

That sign is an obvious fabrication! If the weiner bomb does not fit, you must acquit!

"*Legion*" wrote:

My girlfriend loves doing that on SOCOM II and Xbox Live alike.

""Give me the headset!"", she demands.
""You need to at least tell me what they say to me"", I tell her.

She agrees. Of course, 5 minutes in, I notice the onscreen ""chat"" indicators, and yet jack sh-t is getting relayed from her to me.

""WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?"", I ask
""Huh? Uhm... I don''t know. Something about a weinerbomb guy or something.""

*sigh*

<_< >_>

"LobsterMobster" wrote:
"*Legion*" wrote:
"LobsterMobster" wrote:
I before E, except after.. W! Like in Weiner. And... Weiner bomb! And... Weinershnitzel.

IMAGE(http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/f3/81/restChain_RestaurantsAllWienerschnitzel1-resized200.gif)

You were saying? ;)

That sign is an obvious fabrication! If the weiner bomb does not fit, you must acquit!

http://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

http://www.weinerschnitzel.com works too... as a redirection URL to the first one.

Don''t! It''s a trap!

"LobsterMobster" wrote:
That sign is an obvious fabrication! If the weiner bomb does not fit, you must acquit!

SIG!

WOOT, I''ve been immortalized!

While we''re talking about you, LobMob, know that your avatar freaks me out to no end.

Gaaaaze into my at-symbols!

Oh man, Thin J, that icon next to your avatar, PERFECT!

That and this thread is about to make me piss my pants, I'm already nearly choking on my hot pocket. Funniest thread ever.

Ok, I nominate this for thread of the week! My coworkers peppering me with odd stares and inquiries.

Oh yeah... WIENER BOMB!!

PHOENIX DOWN!

Oh no's... the thread is back from the dead.

Quick, everyone... light up your torches and load up those shotguns... its zombie hunting time!

Yikes! Thanks for bringing it back. I had no idea that I held the dubious honor killing the infamous Wiener Bomb thread.