WoW Priests

If I were gonna do it again, I would still either pick Herbalism/Alchemy which is a good mix of utility and marketability or Skinning/Enchanting. Skinning seems to be the easiest gathering skill. It''s like getting free treasure from every beast mob. And sometimes I would just follow groups around and skin their kills. Enchanting is terribly cool and really useful to the guild, but SO expensive. Hence the need for skinning to make phat $$.

I have to disagree and say I think tailoring/enchanting is a great combo for a priest. Although I suppose it depends on what your goals are. At relatively low tailoring skill levels you can tailor green items with without too many special ingredients. You can then enchant and disenchant the items to get your enchanting skill up. For those drops that you find and can''t use, you can enchant them and sell them at the AH to at least cover your (expensive) spell training. My tailor/enchanter is not rich, but he breaks even and has fun doing it.

And while it is true that you will generally find stuff equal or better than what you can tailor, sometimes the sqtuff you can tailor is just more fun to wear. My dude is currently wearing a matching set that, while it gives me 2 fewer stat points than I could''ve had, just looks too badass. I can''t believe I just took pride in wearing a ""matching set.""

"hubbinsd" wrote:

I have to disagree and say I think tailoring/enchanting is a great combo for a priest. Although I suppose it depends on what your goals are. At relatively low tailoring skill levels you can tailor green items with without too many special ingredients. You can then enchant and disenchant the items to get your enchanting skill up. For those drops that you find and can''t use, you can enchant them and sell them at the AH to at least cover your (expensive) spell training. My tailor/enchanter is not rich, but he breaks even and has fun doing it.

If you are getting people to actually give value at the AH for enchanted gear, you are doing better than most enchanters I''ve spoken with. Most green items do not make a decent return at the AH in my view, enchanted or no (I''ve found enchanting it is pretty much a waste, as most people don''t seem to even notice the enchant or at least don''t care). The only successful way I''ve found to sell enchants is the very painful ""public broadcast"" in the trade channel, and that is gross hit or miss at underwhelming prices (e.g. strange dust costs 1.5-2g for a stack of ten in the AH; you can sell enchants that use 4 strange dust for about 30s).

From the way Atro (my brother a priest tailor/enchanter) explained it to me, many of the items he makes as a tailor are green (or higher) so he can play his professions off of eachother.

Has anyone noticed that he is a leveling fool?

I think it says quite a bit about tailoring that one of it''s best uses is to provide stuff to disenchant to skill up enchanting

Excepot past a certain lvl disenchanting does ot lvl you up anymore. it just gives you reagents. At least for me anyway...

That''s what I meant, reagents to use to skill up with.

"Dr.Ghastly" wrote:

Excepot past a certain lvl disenchanting does ot lvl you up anymore. it just gives you reagents. At least for me anyway...

I would imagine that''s the case, it''s similair to leatherworking where past light-medium getting skill from upgrading previous leather to whatever your new grade is doesn''t usually happen all that much.

But skill is skill until that point in the curve.

"Eezy_Bordone" wrote:

From the way Atro (my brother a priest tailor/enchanter) explained it to me, many of the items he makes as a tailor are green (or higher) so he can play his professions off of eachother.

Has anyone noticed that he is a leveling fool?

That works up to a point but while you are doing it you still need to be taking in linen cloth, then wool cloth, then silk, which are progressively harder to get.

Basically, you are consuming something of value (raw goods) to create raw goods that are consumed by something else. It''s pretty inefficient when you think about it.

I wonder if you sold the cloth on the AH, would you be able to then buy more green items to turn into reagents than you could have tailored out of the cloth.

Sorry for the thread rez ;), but I recently started a Priest and I have question, albeit stupid one.

I made a wand with enchanting. It''s arcane damage (not sure if this matters, or not.) When I try to equip the wand it loads in my range slot. I can''t load it into my main or offhand slot. I guess it goes without saying, I''m not able to get it to work. What am I doing wrong?

Hehe, go to your spellbook where your skills are. There should be one there for shooting. Use that.

"duckilama" wrote:

Hehe, go to your spellbook where your skills are. There should be one there for shooting. Use that.

Rofl, yeah I knew it was something stupid. I drug the wand icon to a hot button and was trying to activate it that way. Duh.

[Edit:] Oh, and thanks Duck.

Don''t get me started talking about priests. Just reached level 56 on the alliance side. I''ve been playing with my talents a lot lately and it''s cost me about 45g or so. I had a pretty good Shadow setup before I started playing around since I knew I was going to have to redo my talents anyways. I wanted to try a holy setup. Worked nice, but couldn''t solo like a shadow priest. I did like Holy nova, AoE priest attack spell even how it was weak. To do a holy setup I think you need to get at least mind flay and improved shield wouldn''t hurt either. That was my setup pretty much anyways for a holy priest. Idea came from Grim. After all said and done this is what I''m going with now.

Dicipline

Unbreakable Will - 5
Improved Power Word: Shield - 3

Holy

Improved Renew - 5
Spiritual Healing - 5

Shadow

Blackout - 5
Shadow Focus - 5
Improved Power Word of Pain - 2
Mind Flay - 1
Improved Psychic Scream - 2
Improved Fade - 2
Shadow Reach - 3
Vampiric Embrace - 1
Silence - 1
Shadow Weaving - 5
Darkness - 5
Shadowform - 5

It feels good that I can solo again, fast. I will say Star Shards have become very useless to me. Only racial skill I have that I see having any value is elune''s grace, which lowers range attack damage from enimies. So if you haven''t guessed it, I''m an NE. I going to try to read the forums more often. Have fun, I heard the Horde side is getting very strong. If it wasn''t for tyne, I would be pretty alone on the Alliance side. (Level Wise)