10 Reasons why I like EQ2 better than WoW
This is entirely good natured, and is designed only to bring balance to the boards or the force or something.
10) Graphical diversity in Avatars (too my eyes every human, dwarf and elf looks the same in WoW (Gnomes shall be dealt with later)). The Horde is better, but even with the taurens you start seeing the same combo of fur and horns. In Norrath you see every shade of skin, plus the advantage of more races, even an unlock-able one.
9) Remote areas of a zone feel more remote (zone size) in Norrath. This goes hand in hand with WoW zones being too small. Everywhere I went in Westfall and Lakeshire and Loch Modan (sp?) felt cramped and never spooky. The Windstalker village area in Antonica, feels remote, isolated and ominous.
8) Crafting seems more fun in EQ2, more interactive.
7) Griffin rides are Free!
6) The LFG options are more elegant in 2, almost all pick up groups I have been in have not formed due to shouts and ooc but instead a group leader using the LFG options too put together a well rounded group. I have very rarely even seen LFG spam in 2, while I noticed a good bit in WoW
5) I can leave ooc and shout on in Everquest and not have them constantly involve the ravings of the lunatic fringe or taunts involving some dwarf's Momma!
4) Voice acting: a few NPCs do get repetitive if they say the same thing every time you run by, but with many of the Quest NPCs it really does add to the experience IMO.
3) Death is just a little more tuned in Norrath, one does not want to get debt, but the possibility of it heightens the thrill, and while both games have item decay, 2's is more forgiving. I guess I would rather have harsher exp penalties than equipment penalties.
2) Everquest looks more realistic, I know for allot of you WoWs art direction is brilliant and I would agree, but I find the cartoonishness of it not as immersing as the more realistic presentation in 2 (especially for the Alliance side), which leads me directly to my trump card.....
1) Gnomes! What the hell was blizzard thinking? The Gnomes in WoW look like the Queer Eye guys gave a make over to some Japanese Manga Lil Person. Gnomes in Everquest on the other hand can be Evil! Nuff Said.
In all seriousness though they are both great games, and I do believe that WoW is more newbie friendly. I hope that SOE allows a free trial period for EQ2 so more people can see if it is right for them. I and the other vastly outnumbered Norrathians will now Diminish and go into the West!