Canadians evil?

That''s easy for you to sit in your luxurious American standard of living, where agriculture is something someone else a long way away takes care of, and pontificate about how people have too many children. But in agrarian societies, as Gorack has already mentioned, large families are necessary to work the fields and generally provide for one another. It''s been said that ""development is the best contraceptive"", and I agree with that.

"Gorack" wrote:

When did the leader of China join the forums?

IMAGE(http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Apr/20044151520747873447149.jpg)

heh to Sanjuro

Simmer down guys, I didn''t want to get all political, I was just trying to make politically charged jokes (in the theme of the thread) and provide an alternate point of view. I don''t think it''s necessary to accuse me of being a ""rich spoiled American"" (even though I proudly am one), and deride the fact that I think there are too many people born. My humblest apologies for disagreeing with you.

Lets start with Utah

"spot778" wrote:

Lets start with Utah :twisted:

Agreed!

I see your point about having more kids and having a better chance to survive. But it is not that simple...

1. Some of those family made workers are going to come to the US. It is inevitable, raising our population here, and making the family have more kids to keep up.

2. 2.07 Children per woman in the US? But what if the birth rate is say 60% Girls, 40% boys? Or what if 100,000 women immigrated to the US each year, then you end up having more women, who have more children. That stat seems to be a little iffy.

Start with the 3DRealms DNF studio, er wait, nobody is there.

"baggachipz" wrote:

Simmer down guys, I didn''t want to get all political, I was just trying to make politically charged jokes (in the theme of the thread) and provide an alternate point of view. I don''t think it''s necessary to accuse me of being a ""rich spoiled American"" (even though I proudly am one), and deride the fact that I think there are too many people born. My humblest apologies for disagreeing with you.

Well, I too am a spoiled American, and I am not denying that there are areas of the world that have a problem. In fact, the solution is probably to try to bring these areas'' standards of living as close to that we as Americans enjoy as possible. In agrarian societies, the more bodies the better. In more technologically advanced societies, education becomes more important, and people have less kdis in order to maximize the amount of education that each child can receive.

But what if the birth rate is say 60% Girls, 40% boys?

It isn''t. As a matter of fact below the age of 20 or so there are more males than females.

"Gorack" wrote:

It isn''t. As a matter of fact below the age of 20 or so there are more males than females.

Sucks to be them

How did we go from baby seals to birth rates?

And of course we''re evil. See this road sign? IMAGE(http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~jlin/signs/canada/British_Columbia/Trans-Canada.gif)
That''s no maple leaf. Those are the FLAMES OF HELL!!! MWU HA HA!

And anyone from the Greater Toronto Area will testify that this
IMAGE(http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~jlin/signs/canada/Ontario/Primary_guide.gif)
Is truly the highway to hell. What more proof do you need?

One more for the unbelievers: The Canadian Devil takes two more unsuspecting souls.
IMAGE(http://www2.newpaltz.edu/~geherg/bonhomme.jpg)

"poor_yoric" wrote:

IMAGE(http://www2.newpaltz.edu/~geherg/bonhomme.jpg)

Nice to know that the Stay-Puffed Marshmellow Man can still find work these days.

NO NO NO

Not Bonhomme de Neige

that''s french-canadian evil and that''s the worst kind, what you don''t believe me ?

IMAGE(http://a2k.free.fr/images/image19.jpg)

and I totalloy agree, poor_yoric the 401 is evil in asphalt

GAHHHH!!!

Curse you, Spot! Would that we never had to see that foul image again. Aye, that would be a good day, indeed!

Why do people need 8 kids? I know the whole ""this is america"" and ""freedom"" sort of goes against my comment, but you can''t do everything you want anyways, so whats one less freedom?

Obviously a quote from someone that has no children
Just a gentle jab and not a flame... though I must admit, I don''t think I could ever handle 8

"Jadawin" wrote:

Club or Save- you make the choice...

i like this one...first fan mail
""I am sure if I killed a seal and skinned it alive, My cat would much
enjoy eatin it. ""

no one complains torching and landfilling half a million of chickens

Chickens aren''t cute. Seriously, the only reason animals are saved are if they are cute or have a really good purpose. Would you save a creature called the Smellslikepissbug? Or Eatsownfeces Ape?

It makes sense because Humans have had an impact on the enviroment themselves. We are now part of the balance of nature. Not to do anything about overpopulation would be worse than trying to do something to preserve a balance.

edit: Of course this my spin on it. I have always enjoyed science but I am not a professional in the field.

You and me both. I agree with you and the over population part too.

I have a whole problem with this overpopulation problem. I don''t see the US as the root of this problem either, for once. It''s the poor countries with no educated people. Lots of children, high death rate, not enough food, poverty, and space taken up. Ethiopia, rural parts of China, and countless other countries have this problem. There''s also India and lets not forget those Mormons. The US is close behind and may drive itself into a 3rd world country. To solve the problem just make the education system better. Countries with great education systems have a lower population. Look at Japan, right now their population is huge but when all of the older people die there will be a incredibly low population. An average of 1-2 kids per family and most women don''t have children till they are in their early 30''s there. Same with South Korea. It''s a common trend that should be altered and emulated in North America. At least that''s my opinion.