Saddam Captured

Reuters is reporting a DNA match.

I fervently hope that the number of attacks on our troops drop off greatly.

Good job, Troops!

Alive too. Woot !! What a day for the US ! He looks rough after living in that hole.

http://www.cnn.com/

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~bahill2/OWNED.jpg

finally some good news from the region.

Tony Blair just said that Saddam''s fate will be in the hands of the Iraqi people. It''s payback time for the Butcher.

He couldn''t be captured until he had time to get back from the competition he was in....

Survivor

Wow. Just... wow. Incredible. And cool, I think. Wonder what happens next?

Dude looks pretty rough
IMAGE(http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/rdonlyres/0117894E-837C-4030-87D5-763315752F13/21262/CA7683F16EC6435D90ACBE2618C013C1.jpg)

I laughed my ass off for a good 5 minutes.

I''ve been waiting for this for over 10 years now.

Well, I''m sure Bush is walking around with a big ole'' woody right about now...but where''s Osama?

Kudos to our military for getting the bastard, though.

I fervently hope that the number of attacks on our troops drop off greatly.

AMEN TO THAT!

It''s about damn time he was brought to justice.

Well, at least captured. Justice delivery is incoming at this point.

Where''s Osama?

I already told you - AT MCDONALD''S!

Where''s Osama?

Dead probably and obviously not being talked about with any importance in this thread.

My point is that Osama, mastermind of the 9-11 attacks, is still free two years after his hiding place in Afghanistan was liberated. But, this argument is better suited for the P & C forums.

Come on, leave Osama out of it. Today is a day for celebration no matter where your politics fall.

So was the carrier landing, and we all know now how premature that was.

How can you leave Osama out of it? Isn''t it all supposed to be about the ''war on terrorism''? I do think it''s a good think that Saddam has been caught. But I don''t think it''s as big a deal in the bigger picture. It seems to me to be a big case of misdirection. I half-way expected Bush to hold up the Ace of Spades during his speech and say ""Was THIS your card?""

"One_of_47" wrote:

I half-way expected Bush to hold up the Ace of Spades during his speech and say ""Was THIS your card?""

LOL.

Saddam looks kinda like Lemmy from Motorhead.

As for ""Where''s Osama?"", it seems pretty clear to me that this was Bush''s goal all along. Osama is so 2001, man. He''s old news. Get with it.

"One_of_47" wrote:

How can you leave Osama out of it? Isn''t it all supposed to be about the ''war on terrorism''? I do think it''s a good think that Saddam has been caught. But I don''t think it''s as big a deal in the bigger picture. It seems to me to be a big case of misdirection. I half-way expected Bush to hold up the Ace of Spades during his speech and say ""Was THIS your card?""

The war on terror is about more than one man.

The war on terror is about more than one man.

Apparently not today, for some people.

"Rat Boy" wrote:
The war on terror is about more than one man.

Apparently not today, for some people.

I don''t consider Saddam apart of the war on terror. I think he is a war criminal and should get tried and hung.

MOVE THIS THREAD

"Rat Boy" wrote:

Where''s Osama?

Laughing his ass off somewhere in the Middle East.

No, don''t move the thread. If the flamers want to talk about Osama please go to the P&C forum.

"Ulairi" wrote:

I don''t consider Saddam apart of the war on terror. I think he is a war criminal and should get tried and hung.

But wasn''t the war on terror why we started this war in the first place?

Or did you mean literally that he is not ""apart"" from the war, being attached to it?

[quote=""Farscry""]

I fervently hope that the number of attacks on our troops drop off greatly.

AMEN TO THAT!

Ditto.

This should be a nice morale booster to the troops stationed there over the holidays.

"One_of_47" wrote:
"Ulairi" wrote:

I don''t consider Saddam apart of the war on terror. I think he is a war criminal and should get tried and hung.

But wasn''t the war on terror why we started this war in the first place?

Or did you mean literally that he is not ""apart"" from the war, being attached to it?

I don''t think going to war in Iraq was part of the main campaign in the war on terror. Iran and Syria would be but not Iraq. I think going to war in Iraq is about 25% war on terror and 75% war criminal who has killed a million people.

I think it''s time to move this thread.