Republique, DLC Show, We Have Concerns, Slashfilmcast, Monikers
What is this place? Who are you people? Read this helpful guide to find out!
Want to advertise with GWJ? Sorry, we don't run ads on the website, just the podcast. If you need something else, hit us up!
Am I the only one who's excited about today's patch release? It promises to balance the game a little more, as well as put an end to most cheats. I for one think the experience has suffered because of cheaters, hopefully this will do the trick.
Hopefully it''ll cut down on the GLA Vet Technical rush early in the game. Any GLA player can cut down a non-GLA player early with that rush.
I didn''t know that there were cheats!... but either way it''s a good news. Though the only thing I really hoping for is the option, to limit how many SW can players have... that could be very useful. Any match I play, I set a rule of 1sw per- player, some however decide to build 10, and go berserker on me... even though we all agree on the rule.
Ohh, will be getting this as soon as I get home, anyone care to post a list of changes?
According to the ""Official Generals Message Board,"" the list is:
1. FIREWALLPORTOVERRIDE INI ENTRY - repaired this entry so it functions correctly. See section 2.1 of the Readme for more information on using this INI entry.
2. ALT-F4 MULTIPLAYER EXPLOIT - Quitting the game during a multiplayer match using Alt-F4, as well as Ctrl-Alt-Delete or the Alt-Tab menu, will now correctly give the user a disconnect stat.
3. CHINESE AND KOREAN IME WINDOW ORDER - Re-prioritized the Korean and Chinese IME windows on the Save/Load screen so they now sort on top of all other windows.
4. SCUD STORM ANTHRAX BETA BUG - GLA's Scud Storm now has the correct damage radius when upgraded with Anthrax Beta.
5. CHINA GATTLING TANK BUG - China's Gattling Tank now correctly moves slower when it is damaged.
6. MULTIPLAYER LOBBIES – The lobbies have been renamed to allow people to congregate based on the type of game they want to play, not their region. These lobbies are:
• 1 vs 1
• 2 vs 2
• 3 vs 3
• 4 vs 4
• N America
• No Supers
• Mod Maps
7. GENERAL BALANCING ISSUES:
• China's Gattling weapons now require Line of sight to fire.
• China's MiG cost increased from 1000 to 1200.
• China's MiG Armor cost increased from 500 to 1000.
• US's Cold Fusion Reactor Control Rod upgrade cost decreased from 800 to 500.
8. QUICKMATCH RESOLUTION – The resolution for QuickMatch games is no longer limited to 800x600.
9. BEHIND BUILDINGS GRAPHIC - Addressed a problem where unit occlusion was causing people with older video cards to see invisible units.
10. ALTERNATE MOUSE INTERFACE - Added feature to allow players to play with "right click action" interface. Movement and actions are handled via right click on the mouse. Also changed arrow keys to support map scrolling.
11. GEFORCE FX GLITCH - Fixed a glitch that caused some graphics corruption to appear for owners of NVIDIA''s GeForce FX video cards.
12. CRASH FIX – Fixed a crash that occurred when you disable the "behind buildings" feature in the advanced options, exit the game, re-enable the feature in the advanced options, and then load a map.
13. CHEAT HACKS – Fixed the ability for players to cheat by giving themselves automatic build, upgrade, and Generals powers buttons. Also fixed the ability for players to hack their Generals points in multiplayer games.
According to all of the angry 13-year-olds that can''t type on there, the alt-f4 cheat isn''t fixed properly -- both the cheater and the cheatee get a disconnect. That''s kind of lame, as it won''t prevent people from doing it.
Is the game decently balanced and suitable for online play? Maybe I''ll dive into it when I get my new rig...
The game''s balance was (as of last night, pre-patch) quite acceptable. What''s not are the various cheats that some players use. The most common exploit is that pressing alt+f4 will shut the game down for the person doing it, with no ill effects on their record. The result: jackass losers do it when they''re about to lose, costing you a win and having to wait for a long delay while their connection times out. Not a big deal, but a huge annoyance. People care way too much about their records. I wish they didn''t even exist on there. That being said, I still love the game and am quite addicted to it.
I am home now, just checked the message, map scrolling with arrow keys finally !!!!!!!!! woot
My discs broken! They fractured from the interior disc spindle hole and the same thing has happened to 3 guys I normally play this with,so I''m returning my discs and hopefully in about 3 weeks I''ll get fresh shiny new discs!