Members of the Christian Coalition Should Wake-up.

I just saw Jerry Farwell on the television and he stated that gay people do not have a constitutional right to purse happiness. I cannot believe that people actually pay money to that jack ass.

A lot of people do. Almost all of them vote Republican. See how the rest of the party gets a bad rep?

Jesus, Jerry Farwell needs to shut the hell up. No matter what your opinion regarding homosexuality, people like Jerry Farwell can still make the whole argument seem stupid. Of course, he could probably do the same to any argument.

Wate, does that mean there''s a way to make the argument not seem stupid? That''s news to me.

"Alien Love Gardener" wrote:

Wate, does that mean there''s a way to make the argument not seem stupid? That''s news to me. ;)

Well, yeah I guess the argument is ""Should homosexual people be allowed to pursue happiness?"", theres probably no way to make that look intelligent

"Pyroman[FO" wrote:

""]

"Alien Love Gardener" wrote:

Wate, does that mean there''s a way to make the argument not seem stupid? That''s news to me. ;)

Well, yeah I guess the argument is ""Should homosexual people be allowed to pursue happiness?"", theres probably no way to make that look intelligent

That wasn''t the topic. The topic was is Bush being to friendly to gay people. He had a gay person speak at the convention, he''s met with the log cabin republicans, he will have another gay person speak at next years convention, etc.

I think Jerry Falwell is ticked that even though the Republican Party is the dominant party, it is the moderates that run this country.

"Ulairi" wrote:
"Pyroman[FO" wrote:

""]

"Alien Love Gardener" wrote:

Wate, does that mean there''s a way to make the argument not seem stupid? That''s news to me. ;)

Well, yeah I guess the argument is ""Should homosexual people be allowed to pursue happiness?"", theres probably no way to make that look intelligent

That wasn''t the topic. The topic was is Bush being to friendly to gay people. He had a gay person speak at the convention, he''s met with the log cabin republicans, he will have another gay person speak at next years convention, etc.

Where did you say that? You didnt link an article, you never talked about Bush at all, how exactly could have I been referring to whatever you''re talking about?

Where did you say that? You didnt link an article, you never talked about Bush at all, how exactly could have I been referring to whatever you''re talking about?

Because it had nothing to do with Farwell saying what he did. It wasn''t a print interview. It was on Fox News.

"Ulairi" wrote:
Where did you say that? You didnt link an article, you never talked about Bush at all, how exactly could have I been referring to whatever you''re talking about?

Because it had nothing to do with Farwell saying what he did. It wasn''t a print interview. It was on Fox News.

I never saw that, you never mentioned it, how could have I been referring to it? Im just really confused, I have no idea what you''re talking about, nor do I have any clue why you think Im talking about it. I was talking about the statement at the beginning of this thread. Nothing more.

Reminds me of two bumper stickers I''ve seen, that have stuck with me:

The Christian Right is neither.
Instead of being born again, why don''t you just grow up?


I would love to put those on my car except for the fact that I don''t like bumper stickers and I would get rammed by somebody in a truck screaming ""Burn in hell! Jesus is Lord!""

Which is really a shame, because Im a Christian for the most part, but these people and the church above the local level in general are complete morons. Like the Baptist Convention, completely out of touch with reality. They have no idea what''s actually going on in the world, and instead like to sit atop the ivory tower and spout rhetoric to condemn everyone to hell except the people they like.

Ok Pyro, breathe, breathe! You can do it!

Funny, I thought the whole Protestant movement away from the Catholic Church was to prevent this sort of ""out of touch with reality""-ism and the corruption prevalent in these denominations.

"Rat Boy" wrote:

Funny, I thought the whole Protestant movement away from the Catholic Church was to prevent this sort of ""out of touch with reality""-ism and the corruption prevalent in these denominations.

It worked for a while, but that was several hundred years ago. Im not saying Baptists are the only culprits either, that was just an example because I was raised Methodist and Southern Baptist, so I am more familar with those.

I thought it was the booze?

"Yomm" wrote:

I thought it was the booze? :)

Thanks! You just reminded me.