GWJ Conference Call Episode 72

Conference Call

Lost Odyssey, Sins of a Solar Empire, Devil May Cry 4 Finished, Emails, Emails, Emails and more!

It's all hands on deck this week as we do a show dedicated to your awesome emails! Every topic under the sun is discussed because you guys are just so damn smart. We also have some fresh tunes from the wonderful Ian "Podunk" Dorsch!

The live show plans fell through thanks to Skype server problems. We'll try again during a weeknight at some point soon!

To contact us, email [email protected]! Send us your thoughts on the show, pressing issues you want to talk about or whatever else is on your mind. You can even send a 30 second audio question or comment (MP3 format please) if you're so inclined.

  • Subscribe with iTunes
  • Subscribe with RSS
  • Subscribe with Yahoo!
Download the official apps
  • Download the GWJ Conference Call app for Android
  • Download the GWJ Conference Call app for Android

Show credits

Music credits: 

Intro/Outro Music - Ian Dorsch, Willowtree
Audioworks

"Carving Away Stone" Ian Dorsch - 0:26:21
"Washaway" Ian Dorsch - 1:03:59

Comments

Certis wrote:

Like you say, we hit the topic pretty well with other emails along similar lines.

Yeah, i know.

I hope you keep writing in because you've got great food for thought! Maybe try and be a little more ... brief

Hey, if you say so. I'm not sure i've got great food for thought... just regurgitation/heartburn.

rabbit wrote:

We love you Duoae, we really do. Big hugs all around. Butt pat. Manly display of brotherly affection.

Hehe, thanks. *Back-butt pat*

Elysium wrote:

If you're family is from Al,

Where's wordsmythe?!

I was prepping my letter during the discussion following Mystic's email because at first I thought you might forget to mention Lupus and his killer crowbar. But you remembered. Stupid of me to think you could ever forget. It still lurks in my darkest dreams.

Is there a thread about Mystic's email? I thought discussion about it might start in this thread, but since it didn't I'll start one if there isn't one already. Or maybe Mystic should do the honors.

One thing you can do while waiting ten seconds to be able to fire again: Run away from people who aren't still reloading. It's a real hoot.

boogle wrote:

Yes sir, Mr Boogle...

Proper title please. That's Mr. Boogle esquire to you.

Just because you think you want to go to law school (for now) doesn't make you a lawyer, son.

Elysium wrote:

If you're family is from Al...

Didn't you shame your degree enough on the call itself? Must you bring your disgrace into the comments as well?

I wrote 1,000 words on how casual gamers are like reality TV fans, while those who refuse to play games are the snobby types who are above buying a TV in the first place, because it "rots your brain." It went on to talk about how you have to pitch different kinds of games to each. "Know your audience" and all that.

That's about the time I realized how few AAA games are either nonviolent (or at least not graphically violent) or intellectual enough to spark a conversation amongst snooty intellectuals. We've sort of touched on it before, but I think the industry has to answer for its failures to consistently and effectively work outside the realm of comic book violence.

wordsmythe wrote:

One thing you can do while waiting ten seconds to be able to fire again: Run away from people who aren't still reloading. It's a real hoot.

boogle wrote:

Yes sir, Mr Boogle...

Proper title please. That's Mr. Boogle esquire to you.

Just because you think you want to go to law school (for now) doesn't make you a lawyer, son.
[/quote]
Fine, lets make it Mr. Boogle, Lord of the Hinterlands.