GWJ Conference Call Episode 64

Conference Call

The Christmas Clip Extravaganza! The 12 Days of GWJ Christmas and more!

This week we're bringing you a huge compilation of some of our favorite moments from the first 50 episodes of the Conference Call. There's is also a special holiday song from a whole bunch of GWJ staff both past and present. Big thanks to Julian "rabbit" Murdoch for producing the song! Read the show notes for a list of who is who in the recording. We hope everyone has a great holiday and a happy New Year!

To contact us, email [email protected]! Send us your thoughts on the show, pressing issues you want to talk about or whatever else is on your mind. You can even send a 30 second audio question or comment (MP3 format please) if you're so inclined.

The 12 Days Of GWJ Christmas
The Order

1:Julian (rabbit)
2: Karla (Brennil)
3: Lara (Katerin)
4: Adam (The Fly)
5: Rob (Gaald)
6: Shawn (Certis)
7: Cory (Demiurge)
8: Momgamers house apes
9: Nyles (Nyles)
10: Sean (Elysium)
11: Train coming off rails
12: Train wreck

  • Subscribe with iTunes
  • Subscribe with RSS
  • Subscribe with Yahoo!
Download the official apps
  • Download the GWJ Conference Call app for Android
  • Download the GWJ Conference Call app for Android

Show credits

Music credits: 

"Deck The Halls" - John Morgan - Seasonings - http://www.feelslikechristmas.com - Intro
"Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" - Six String Christmas - http://www.feelslikechristmas.com - Outro
"Dragoon" - Provenance (Ade lun sec) - 0:47:29 - http://www.adelunsec.net - 0:26:12
"Welcome to Rapture" - Bioshock Score (Garry Schyman) - 0:41:46

Comments

I appreciate you guys opening the show with me nerdgasming all over John Romero. Geez, a year ago I sounded dorky and couldn't even speak coherently. But you guys sound better than ever (with the exception of Shawn in the 12 Days of GWJ)!

Here's to another year of the Conference Call!

The 12 Days Of GWJ Christmas... ...that was pretty awesome. As for the podcast, some good laughs... which is good considering that this has to be one of the most depressing days at work. So, thx!

Here is to next year! ...:(, I wish I could have one of those right now.

Yeah rabbit, make it a weekly feature Certis singin all show music a capella every week!

Welcome to the Gamers With Jobs Conference Call Radio Showgram or GWJ Conference Call The Musical.

I usually hate flashback shows and tend to avoid listening to them. Glad that I did not with this one. Fantastic!

btw if anyone is wondering what happend to elysium's story after all those months, it's seems that finally it's been picked up (escapist tends to have really weird submission rules)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...

UCRC wrote:

btw if anyone is wondering what happend to elysium's story after all those months, it's seems that finally it's been picked up (escapist tends to have really weird submission rules)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...

Actually, that's a reprint - both Elysium and I have stories reprinted in this week's Escapist. Everyone, go read them. Especially Elysium's. It's extra special awesome.

Great show, everybody. The 12 days of GWJ Christmas bit was indeed awesome. Here's looking forward to another year of podcasting goodness.

That song at the end was amazing. Encore! Encore!

Zaphod wrote:

I usually hate flashback shows and tend to avoid listening to them. Glad that I did not with this one. Fantastic!

While generally, I agree, who can resist the opportunity to hear Elysium sing "I wanna friend you up!" again?

Classic moments in GWJ lore and history!

Good stuff, but I missed the Resident Evil-bit with Gaald and Rabbit (?). Surely that one would have been worthy of a clip show?

That song was awesome, but Certis that was definitely sub-par. If that becomes weekly I expect more from you next time

Okay, the sing-song-choir-thing should definitly be a weekly feature and perhaps you could do an ensemble with the GWJ Rockband!

rabbit wrote:

We're thinking of making this a weekly feature. What do you think?

Is that going to be a requirement for anyone appearing on the podcast, since if it is I get the funny feeling it'd be harder to people willing to come on. I doubt Ken Levine will be coming back if he's forced to sing "Stayin' Alive." And I'm disappointed Rob didn't try to sing it like William Shatner; that's how I sang 12 Days at X-Mas dinner this year.

Rat Boy wrote:
rabbit wrote:

We're thinking of making this a weekly feature. What do you think?

Is that going to be a requirement for anyone appearing on the podcast, since if it is I get the funny feeling it'd be harder to people willing to come on. I doubt Ken Levine will be coming back if he's forced to sing "Stayin' Alive." And I'm disappointed Rob didn't try to sing it like William Shatner; that's how I sang 12 Days at X-Mas dinner this year.

<----- devastated and ashamed he didn't think of it.

Gaald wrote:

<----- devastated and ashamed he didn't think of it.

:)

It's one of those things that you need to be just not drunk enough to think of when you really don't want to sing, never mind the fact we screwed up the order of the gifts.

Edit: And if you're too drunk, then you'll sing it straight thinking you can sing. See my cousin belting out "Five...Gooooooooolden...Rings..." loud enough to rattle the china cabinet.

That's just classy.

The 12th day of Christmas reminded me of "notjustmoreidlechatter" by Paul Lansky. A piece where regular human speech is digitally layered and edited until it makes something incomprehensible and somewhat musical. Much like your podcast.

The link below is a clip of the piece.

http://www.music.princeton.edu/~paul...

Keep up the great work guys.

AmazingZoidberg wrote:

The 12th day of Christmas reminded me of "notjustmoreidlechatter" by Paul Lansky. A piece where regular human speech is digitally layered and edited until it makes something incomprehensible and somewhat musical. Much like your podcast.

Next podcast, they should do John Cage's 4'33". I keep waiting for it to show up in Guitar Hero, because with a little practice, I could nail it on Expert.