December 2 - December 8

Gran Turismo 6

Either the entire Internet forgot that the Thanksgiving holiday is over in the U.S., or everyone's afraid of releasing a game right after Black Friday and Cyber Monday. After all, what more money do you have in your wallet after getting struck by Amazon's lightning deals or pouncing upon Steam's weak-limbed victims of price-gouging?

So in all my shame, I am forced to give my very first Week Ahead nod to one of them vroomy-vroom games you man-card wielding Tim-the-Tool-Man-Taylors love oh so much. If you didn't care to drop five-hundred big ones on Microsoft's latest chrome-headlight, bumper-mapping, filter-shaders Kinect jargon, then Sony has you covered with Gran Turismo 6. It features cars, race tracks, and cars racing on race tracks.

Otherwise, mobile gamers get Terraria on the Vita (I hear it's better on there), Space Hulk ported onto iOS, and Assassin's Creed: Pirates on iOS — for those of you craving the salty sea air and swashbuckling between bouts of brooding and stabbing.

From the looks of it, this is the biggest release for the rest of the year, folks. So prepare to be spending a lot of time on all those other games you bought that have gone unopened and/or are collecting dust.

PC
- Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse - Episode 1

PS4
- Escape Plan (Digital)
- Tiny Brains (Digital)

PS3
- Gran Turismo 6

Vita
- Terraria
- Rainbow Moon (Digital)
- Stick it to the Man (Digital)

iOS
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates
- Space Hulk

Comments

Sliiiiim pickin's. Seriously, our usual sources for release lists didn't even bother to post info this week.

Something else I forgot to mention: nothing actually releases on Tuesday this week. It's all throughout the week, concluding with GT6 on Friday.

What a strange week.

Wow.

It features cars, race tracks, and cars racing on race tracks.

You forgot racing ...

on the moon!

You couldn't pick a better week to usurp Sean? :p

mobile gamers get Terraria on the Vita (I hear it's better on there)

Brilliant.

There's a few releases missing according to both Playstation Blog and Playstation Lifestyle's lists.

PS4: Tiny Brains, Escape Plan
PSVita: Rainbow Moon, Stick it to the Man

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...

Terraria isn't even listed?

kazriko wrote:

There's a few releases missing according to both Playstation Blog and Playstation Lifestyle's lists.

PS4: Tiny Brains, Escape Plan
PSVita: Rainbow Moon, Stick it to the Man

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...

Terraria isn't even listed?

Unfortunately there weren't many reliable sources to use for this week's Week Ahead. I'll be adding those to the original post, however. Thanks for the link.

Gran Turismo 6 ... crickets around here.

garion333 wrote:

Gran Turismo 6 ... crickets around here.

I tempted to get this but really want to wait for reviews. What I saw of GT5 kept me well away.

I have it on preorder, to big of a fan to wait.... I'll let you guys know.

Slim pickin's indeed.

And grats on your first Week Ahead post, Chris! Even if you picked one of the worst weeks of the year

Aaaaand nothing for me, thank you

I like this trend of The Week Ahead writers picking games they would never play as GotW. Now to get a certain someone to pick Flower when it's released to a new platform

imbiginjapan wrote:
garion333 wrote:

Gran Turismo 6 ... crickets around here.

I tempted to get this but really want to wait for reviews. What I saw of GT5 kept me well away.

Same. If it turns out to be a return to form for the Gran Turismo games, then color me interested.

ccesarano wrote:

Unfortunately there weren't many reliable sources to use for this week's Week Ahead. I'll be adding those to the original post, however. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the update.

You should always check the Playstation Blog though. The list of upcoming games on that site for Playstation platforms is usually complete, even on holidays. It usually comes out on Sunday, but occasionally Monday.

Here's the link where they post all of these every week. http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/t...

Also, it looks like Terraria is Europe only this week.

Space Hulk, as in the ginormous board game?

dejanzie wrote:

I like this trend of The Week Ahead writers picking games they would never play as GotW. Now to get a certain someone to pick Flower when it's released to a new platform :-D

It came out on the PS4! Missed chance!

Keithustus wrote:

Space Hulk, as in the ginormous board game?

Ya, already has a PC release.

Keithustus wrote:

Space Hulk, as in the ginormous board game?

Ya, already has a PC release.[/quote]

Is it good? I detest board games on PC, but love them on iPad. If I'm at a PC, I want to play a real game, you know? But if the PC version is good, then I assume the iPad version will be too.

Keithustus wrote:
someawesomedude wrote:
Keithustus wrote:

Space Hulk, as in the ginormous board game?

Ya, already has a PC release.

Is it good? I detest board games on PC, but love them on iPad. If I'm at a PC, I want to play a real game, you know? But if the PC version is good, then I assume the iPad version will be too.

All I've heard is that it's a pretty good translation of the board game, for better or worse but mostly better. I haven't played it yet as it's still on my wishlist, but we have a thread for it.

garion333 wrote:
Keithustus wrote:
someawesomedude wrote:
Keithustus wrote:

Space Hulk, as in the ginormous board game?

Ya, already has a PC release.

Is it good? I detest board games on PC, but love them on iPad. If I'm at a PC, I want to play a real game, you know? But if the PC version is good, then I assume the iPad version will be too.

All I've heard is that it's a pretty good translation of the board game, for better or worse but mostly better. I haven't played it yet as it's still on my wishlist, but we have a thread for it.

4 Stars from Pocket Tactics: http://www.pockettactics.com/reviews...

I would get it myself if I didn't have over a dozen other iPad games I don't have time to play...

I definitely want Gran Turismo 6, but I hardly played 5, and I already have a bunch of games I picked up for cheap over the past few days to add to the 'need to play' stack. It'll have to wait until the stack thins a bit...