GWJ Donation Drive: Done!

I'll admit I had my doubts that we would reach the lofty goal of $25,000 when we kicked off the drive. Thanks to your contributions, we're going to be producing a special edition Gamers With Jobs digital magazine in the coming year! Plans are already in motion and our writers are excitedly banging rocks together to see if it inspires article ideas.

The drive is now over and thanks to you we've raised $27,000! We're already hard at work converting this energy into sweet, sweet content. Thanks so much to everyone who donated! We'll be doing a final donor list update next week (lots of tags to do yet) and sending out the donor gifts as well.

Comments

Hooray! Congrats.

Looking forward to the magazine.

PaladinTom wrote:
Hooray! Congrats.

Looking forward to the magazine.

We need a centerfold in this magazine. Or a Page 3 Girl or Guy.

Just got a great idea for an article based on the sound rocks make when banged together!

Elysium wrote:
Just got a great idea for an article based on the sound rocks make when banged together!

We should have a silly suggestion box for off-the-wall articles that can run as a back page entry. Kinda like PC Gamer magazine's last page, where silly stuff runs.

My suggestion? A piece on, 'What is the sound of one rock sitting?' That could be a counterpoint to the banging-rock idea.

I just want to know what would be on the GWJ magazine demo cd.

Special downloadable content for a sparkle pony space ship in FTL?

Elysium wrote:
Just got a great idea for an article based on the sound rocks make when banged together!

Clack clack, he stoned me down
Clack clack, I hit the ground
Clack clack, that awful sound
Clack clack, my baby rocked me down.

Spoiler:
Stupidly I didn't copy/paste "Clack clack" throughout this rendition...

YAY! Can I go ahead and request a copy of the digital magazine in CD-ROM form?

Bonnonon wrote:
YAY! Can I go ahead and request a copy of the digital magazine in CD-ROM form? ;)

Pfft. Floppy disk please.

Strangeblades wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
YAY! Can I go ahead and request a copy of the digital magazine in CD-ROM form? ;)

Pfft. Floppy disk please.

What size? 8, 5 or 3.5?

Bonnonon wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
YAY! Can I go ahead and request a copy of the digital magazine in CD-ROM form? ;)

Pfft. Floppy disk please.

What size? 8, 5 or 3.5?

I was thinking eight.

Strangeblades wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
YAY! Can I go ahead and request a copy of the digital magazine in CD-ROM form? ;)

Pfft. Floppy disk please.

What size? 8, 5 or 3.5?

I was thinking eight.

8's are the floppiest

IMAGE(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee132/Bonnonon/597px-8-inch_floppy_disk.jpg)

Floppy enough?

Arovin wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
YAY! Can I go ahead and request a copy of the digital magazine in CD-ROM form? ;)

Pfft. Floppy disk please.

What size? 8, 5 or 3.5?

I was thinking eight.

8's are the floppiest

Yeah, but 5.25 are DOUBLE DENSITY.

EDIT: I think we just found our cover image.

Use a whole punch to make it double-side writable!

If you need any actual models, I have some in all the sizes. I did get rid of my data cassettes a while ago, but I do still have a few music ones somewhere, but those won't help without a lot of 'shopping out the Men At Work logos.

I am surprised with the amount of money that has been donated. But actually even more by the number of people donating.

Bonnonon wrote:
IMAGE(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee132/Bonnonon/597px-8-inch_floppy_disk.jpg)

Floppy enough?

OhmanthistakesmebackI'msuperexcitedfordisks

Ahem.

Do you have a high-res version of this please? I also would buy this in shirt or poster form.

Strangeblades wrote:
Bonnonon wrote:
[img]
Floppy enough?

OhmanthistakesmebackI'msuperexcitedfordisks

Ahem.

Do you have a high-res version of this please? I also would buy this in shirt or poster form.

Sorry, but the base image is only 600x600. If can get a larger image of Stan and also a larger image of 8" floppy then I could remake one for you. You could even choose the wording of the text and the font.

*Edit* I looked and I can get the floppy image in 1600x1600. All I need is a larger image of Stan and then I would be happy to make a larger image for you.

What?

IMAGE(http://imageshack.us/a/img231/6893/32633036.jpg)

Not floppy enough?

clap clap

Congrats! First lets play should be Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition multiplayer!

So awesome. I'm really happy to be a part of such a generous community, and I'm looking forward to the magazine. Great start to the day!

Here's what I say, everyone who hasn't donated should now so we have a sudden large supply of cash that helps hit the 30,000 goal. Why not make this the most interesting year of GWJ ever with video content, a magazine, an article about Sparkle Ponies, AND a video recording of the GWJ Staff playing a tabletop board game.

Welp, Paypal won't let me update my credit card information so I won't be donating. I hate Paypal.

Edit: Got it to go through. I still hate Paypal. I did forget to put my forum name though since I was in a hurry to just get my payment in. And I an idiot.

Vector wrote:
Welp, Paypal won't let me update my credit card information so I won't be donating. I hate Paypal.

Edit: Got it to go through. I still hate Paypal. I did forget to put my forum name though since I was in a hurry to just get my payment in. And I an idiot.

But you're our idiot. Our generous, tenacious idiot

Excellent job all!

Next year: virtual tote bags.

That floppy had me lol'ing. My old 5 1/4 drive made the most lovely clunking sounds!

Managed to get in before the deadline. *Phew* Kept putting it off till I forgot, then I saw Certis' tweet. Twitter managed to save the day.

I am missing the Donation Banner already.

Congrats guys on all the money raised! Wish I could have put more in, but so cool to what Let's Play's look like for GWJ. Yay! Awesome! Do Good Work! ....and don't screw up...

But still Yay!