The 2012 GWJ Donation Drive Is Live!

It is once again time to open the site up for donations! In case you haven't been around for one of these before, the GWJ donation drive is a one month event in which we ask the community to kick in and help support the site. It keeps us lean, mean and free of annoying ads! As Sean mentioned in his post last week, this year will be different as we're setting aside the raffle in favor of a more Kickstarter-esque system that give everyone some cool stuff and lays out some of our hopes and dreams for the coming year.

For all the info, hit the donation drive page. Together we can continue building this community in a strong, positive direction!

Comments

Pages

Done. I'd originally planned on donating more, but my current medical concerns have forced me to keep things small. On the other hand, with all the support I've already gotten from GWJ, the countless hours of joy and entertainment this community brings me, and how necessary all that stuff's going to prove in promoting my happiness in the coming months, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't kick in something.

Here's hoping my meager $25 goes as far as it can in keeping this community alive and furthering the spread of the enthusiasm and camaraderie found therein. Thanks to everyone donating and otherwise keeping GWJ alive.

You are the best!
Let's keep this going!

Oooh, the $200 level is super tempting. If there was ever a site that deserved my mullah, it's here. I'm going to have to think about this somewhat.

Edit: And with a limit of 10, they'll get snapped up quick, so I better not think for long.

Oh, sure, the community prizes include a PAX East party or a West Coast party, but those of us in the great dark middle? I GUESS WE'RE NOTHING.

Woo it's done! Thanks everyone for their daily shenanigans and great talks. Everyone really makes this an awesome community to be a part of. I have had a blast over the past four years playing with all of you.

Lapsed donor, time to give back to one of the few podcasts I still look forward to week to week after five or so years of listening.

Will crunch the numbers next pay check and see what I can toss your way. My Aussie dollars have to go a little further after all...

Also, more boardgame talk please and absolutely loved Julian's piece 'performed' on last weeks show.

Edit: Milkman, talk to me when you're 15,000 km from all the fun, wont'ya?

That $150 tier looks mighty tempting.... Will have to think about this.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Oh, sure, the community prizes include a PAX East party or a West Coast party, but those of us in the great dark middle? I GUESS WE'RE NOTHING.

Here in the middle we make our own fun. PENCONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

carrotpanic wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Oh, sure, the community prizes include a PAX East party or a West Coast party, but those of us in the great dark middle? I GUESS WE'RE NOTHING.

Here in the middle we make our own fun. PENCONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

Pfft. Ohio isn't in the middle of the country. Pencon is the hipster version of PAX East.

Done and done.

Keep on rockin' in the free world, GWJ!

Woo!

Spoiler:

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo

Done!

Shut up

Spoiler:

and take my money!

Probably donated more than what would be considered responsible, but this community has become a daily part of my life (even if I'm not all that active in it) so there ya go!

Ach, I'm gonna have to throw money into Paypal for this. Also: Woooooooo!

Dammit. Want the $200 level, but not sure I can spring for it

No level for custom designed Avatar? It's been 6 years and I still haven't thought of anything.

Goodbye, weinerbomb, we had a good run.

Something tells me I'm going to spend more money than I wish on this.

I'm very interested in the artwork at the $25 level. Would you be able to make a design request? I love his modernist stylized geographic shapes in his art style and would love a custom piece in my home.

Aaand done.
Congrats on another year, and I think the 'Kickstarter' style system is going to bring in way more donations than the old model.
Which is a good thing!

In like something that goes inside things. Unlike money and my wallet.

Has it really been four years? Yeesh you guys have grown on me.

Spoiler:

Like CANCER! Buh-zing!

Chump wrote:

Has it really been four years? Yeesh you guys have grown on me.

Spoiler:

Like CANCER! Buh-zing!

Spoiler:

If that were true, I wouldn't be partially financing their growth. [Insert "Right in the gonads!"-esque groan here.]

Achievement Unlocked

Blondish83 wrote:

I'm very interested in the artwork at the $25 level. Would you be able to make a design request? I love his modernist stylized geographic shapes in his art style and would love a custom piece in my home.

Just to be clear, there's ONE piece of art being made. Not custom are for every donor in case anyone was wondering. He's already deep into finishing the piece up, but you can assume it'll be awesome.

Certis wrote:
Blondish83 wrote:

I'm very interested in the artwork at the $25 level. Would you be able to make a design request? I love his modernist stylized geographic shapes in his art style and would love a custom piece in my home.

Just to be clear, there's ONE piece of art being made. Not custom are for every donor in case anyone was wondering. He's already deep into finishing the piece up, but you can assume it'll be awesome.

Agreed; thanks for clarifying. This makes much more sense.

Ooooooh, I can pay directly with my credit card now?* Looks like I'll be able to donate again. If me being in Japan and paying with a Canadian credit card doesn't hinder me.

*This might have been an option but I've been actively avoiding paypal after having problems with them in the past.

And done.

By the way, just a heads up on a discrepancy on the donation drive page that you may want to look at:

the first sentence on the page wrote:

Donating any amount makes you eligible for an updated forum icon.

the "Any Amount" box under Pledge levels wrote:

Any amount over $5 is eligible for a forum icon

"any amount" =/= "any amount over $5"

Good catch, thanks!

Before I donate $200, I need to know if my golden wang icon idea will be approved.

Pages