GTD Weekly: April 15-21, 2012

Comments

Anyone else kinda digging the more stylized, yet still completely recognizable look that Halo 4 seems to have going on? It almost seems like a slightly flat painterly style, or maybe it's just weird web video compression boosted by the hope of my mind's eye.

It's hard to tell from what's been released so far, but if it's true, I hope this marks a return to artistry in games. This generation's had far too many brown and gray attempts at photorealistic games, with limited successes.

Halo is playing inside such a limited palette at this point it's kind of hard to really see the small changes they make between versions as a bold new artistic direction. The inevitable "look at our new Master Chief" model comparison shot always kind of mystified me.

I had paid zero attention to Dragon's Dogma.

I'm now at least a little bit interested in Dragon's Dogma. Piling on big monsters in groups looks like fun.

Cryengine 3 is the most impressive thing in the video though.

Thin_J wrote:

I had paid zero attention to Dragon's Dogma.

I'm now at least a little bit interested in Dragon's Dogma. Piling on big monsters in groups looks like fun.

Cryengine 3 is the most impressive thing in the video though.

Dragon's Dogma is a weird one. There's just such little chatter about it out of Capcom and from the press.

Jonathan Downin wrote:
Thin_J wrote:

I had paid zero attention to Dragon's Dogma.

I'm now at least a little bit interested in Dragon's Dogma. Piling on big monsters in groups looks like fun.

Cryengine 3 is the most impressive thing in the video though.

Dragon's Dogma is a weird one. There's just such little chatter about it out of Capcom and from the press.

Capcom is inscrutable. You just can't scrute them.

I am SHOCKED to learn Dragon's Dogma doesn't have any coop, just AI buddies. That's completely nuts.

Certis wrote:

I am SHOCKED to learn Dragon's Dogma doesn't have any coop, just AI buddies. That's completely nuts.

At this point I wish to refer to my previous statement regarding scrutability.