GoG Gets Dungeon Keeper and Other EA Classics

Good Old Games announced today that they have reached a deal with Electronic Arts to add over 25 titles from their collection of old PC games. Games like Crusader: No remorse, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Magic Carpet will be coming soon! If you were any kind of PC gamer back in the day, the very thought of getting Crusader running on Windows 7 is nearly orgasmic.

The get things going, they've released Wing Commander: Privateer, Dungeon Keeper and Ultima Underworld 1+2. Dungeon Keeper in particular holds a near and dear place in my heart -- if only because it was one of the first games to convince my girlfriend (now wife) that games are cool. There also hasn't been many games like it since and none of them ever quite reached the same quirky heights of the original.

If you plan on getting any of these games (or any GoG games in general) use this link and support GWJ in the process. That includes buying the sweet, sweet Witcher 2.

Comments

CljckworkHouse wrote:
*cjugh*

FTFY

I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone reads the forums.

I'm planning to do more GoG posts in general when something cool pops up.

Certis wrote:
I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone reads the forums. ;)

*gasp*

They're missing out on the best part.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
Certis wrote:
I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone reads the forums. ;)

*gasp*

They're missing out on the best part.

Some of us read GWJ for the articles. HONEST!

I've never played Privateer and it was off the shelves when I got interested. Playing Crusader again is going to be awesome.

Hot, hot heat.

Eezy_Bordone wrote:
I've never played Privateer and it was off the shelves when I got interested. Playing Crusader again is going to be awesome.

Privateer is on my short list of favorite games ever. I'll pick up Dungeon Keeper, Crusader, and SMAC at some point, and I'm hoping they give us the rest of the Wing Commander games. System Shock will have to wait.

And bought, via the GWJ link of course

I can't wait to get stuck into the Bullfrog games again. Alpha Centauri is going to suck away so many, many hours of my life yet again and I can finally get around to playing the Crusader games after always having to bum them off a friend to play when they first came out.

Alpha Centauri, you say. Don't mind if I do! *yoink*

Jackpot!

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Awwwwww yeah.

But the key question is, will this include Alien Crossfire?

GOG.com, oh how I love thee? Let me count the ways.

1. Baldur's Gate
2. Baldur's Gate II
3. Duke Nukem 3D
4. Arcanum

Although because of how old some of these games are, they don't always behave well in a multi-monitor setup. Seems like a great reason to get a notebook, make it my GOG machine.

Hmmm, I've always wanted to check out Dungeon Keeper. Guess it's finally time to sign up with GoG.

*nerdgasm*

Oooh, Crusader!

If it's even half as good as my rose coloured nostalgia glasses insist it is, I'll have to be picking that up.

I'm sure I've written this before, but I played the heck out of DK2. At one point, late at night, the narrator growled to me something along the lines of "You have earned yourself a hidden game tip. Do you know that low, broad, downy soft thing in your room? Go to bed!"

Not sure I'd play DK1 again though, I liked DK2 more, but I might be just thinking of better graphics.

Day-um. I never got to play Crusader back in the day because my PC couldn't handle it (I think it needed a 386 and I had a 286? Or something). I just stared lustily at the pictures and read the glowing reviews... Can't wait. Can't believe SMAC is also coming. Wow.

My wife is plotzing over DK. I'm going to grab the Ultimas, Wing Commanders and Syndicate for sure. Maybe Bioforge if they release that too. Oh, and SMAC for sure.

I love you, GOG.com

I picked up the Ultima Underworlds. I was afraid that they would be too archaic for me to get into after all these years, but nope. They're awesome. A little clunky, maybe, but still a ton of immersive fun.

ResonanceCascade wrote:
I picked up the Ultima Underworlds. I was afraid that they would be too archaic for me to get into after all these years, but nope. They're awesome. A little clunky, maybe, but still a ton of immersive fun.

Good old System Shock -1 and 0

Tanglebones wrote:
ResonanceCascade wrote:
I picked up the Ultima Underworlds. I was afraid that they would be too archaic for me to get into after all these years, but nope. They're awesome. A little clunky, maybe, but still a ton of immersive fun.

Good old System Shock -1 and 0 :)

I want the rest of the Looking Glass catalog...but apparently it is not yet time.