As we head into what feels in many ways like the first big game release week of the impending holiday season, there is no shortage of big games to consider for Game of the Week. Though, I have to admit in some ways that I am not as excited about this time of the year as I normally am.
Maybe it's that there's no one big shining game on the horizon that I absolutely have been lusting over for months or years. More likely, it's that the year as a whole has been pretty solid with relatively few dry spells. Either way, I'm just not feeling it like I usually do as September wanders aimless and cold into the dying arms of mid-autumn.
My game of the week this week is Dead Rising 2, but I honestly don't see myself dropping sixty bones just to smack around zombies with a kayak paddle for three hours. In some ways, I'm as enthusiastic for Hydrophobia on XBLA or Battle vs Chess. Even looking further on down the line, Rock Band 3 is pretty much my only must-have this season.
I hate to say it, but I kinda liked it better with months of boring summer releases only to have winter sitting there like a cold, shining beacon. It just doesn't seem right to be halfway through September, and almost wishing that the industry would slow down for a few months so that I can get caught up. Call me crazy, but 2010, you're doing it wrong!
In the meantime, give it up for Dead Rising 2, this week's Game of the Week. Yip-pee.
- Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
- Battle vs. Chess
- Dead Rising 2
- Ferrari The Race Experience
- FIFA Soccer 11
- Front Mission Evolved
- Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PSN)
- Quantum Theory
- FIFA Soccer 11
- Fallout New Vegas -- PC, PS3, Xbox 360 : October 19
- Rock Band 3 -- Xbox 360, PS3 : October 26
- Fable 3 -- PC, Xbox 360 : October 26
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 -- PC, 360, PS3, Wii : October 26
- DC Universe Online : November 2
- Epic Mickey : November 30
- Little Big Planet 2 : January 18