Sometimes it's tough for a variety of reasons to pick the Game of the Week. I know a number of you like to ascribe all kinds of hilarious and flatly incorrect theories to the crafting of GotW. It's an inelegant process, one where I look at the list of whatever is going to be released and make a relatively knee-jerk reaction about what stands out to me. What's the standard? The best game on the list? The most popular? The one with the best chance to succeed? The one I have the most to say about? The one I, personally, am most interested in?
Yep, all of those. And what applies this week won't apply next week. But, like I said, sometimes it's tough to pick. Maybe there are several good options. Maybe there are no good options. Maybe there's a good option, but frankly I just don't care about that option.
So, I'm grateful when a week comes along where there is only one choice. This is one of those weeks, one of the rare moments where it is trivially easy to choose and defend the choice. Civilization V is this week's Game of the Week. That's not opinion, folks. Them's just facts.
- F1 2010
- DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue (XBLA)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (XBLA)
- Dreamworks 2-in-1 Party Pack
- New Carnival Games
- Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
- Farm Frenzy: Animal Country
- Jewels of the Tropical Lost Island
- Midnight Mysteries: The Edgar Allan Poe Conspiracy
- Dead Rising 2 -- PC, 360, PS3 : September 28
- Fallout New Vegas -- PC, PS3, Xbox 360 : October 19
- Rock Band 3 -- Xbox 360, PS3 : October 26
- Fable 3 -- PC, Xbox 360 : October 26
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 -- PC, 360, PS3, Wii : October 26
- DC Universe Online : November 2
- Epic Mickey : November 30
- Little Big Planet 2 : January 18