April 5 - April 9

After a careful and exhaustive consideration of the relative commercial and social values of this week's truly deep release schedule, I have empirically calculated that the most significant game release of this first full week of April is the Borderlands Add-On Pack.

Also, it is the only release this week.

If you've been waiting for the Spring slump, then April may be shaping up to fit that bill. Aside from Splinter Cell: Conviction, there's just not a whole lot to get my money maker shaking about this month. It is, however, a brief reprieve with a substantial May already shaping up on the horizon.

Now is as good a time as any to catch up on that pile, and frankly Borderlands is a pretty good choice if you've been meaning to play it. Blending a Diablo style action-RPG model with a first person shooter, for fans of the two genres Borderlands is strong both as a totally single player experience and a co-op game.

PC
- Borderlands Add-On Pack

Xbox 360
- Borderlands Add-On Pack

Coming Soon -
- Splinter Cell: Conviction : April 13
- Red Dead Redemption PS3 / Xbox 360 : May 18
- Lost Planet 2 PS3 / Xbox 360 : May 18
- Alan Wake: May 18
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 : May 23

Comments

Can't... wait?

Yay! A breather week!! Pile beware!

Sigh, I already own ALL the games released this week.
Perfectly fine with the lack of games though, still haven't got around to pretty much everything released in March.

Is that just a two-pack of DLC that has already been released? Lame-o.

Now I know why Borderlands went on sale this past weekend on Steam.

I never thought I'd love slow gaming weeks, but I've LOVED the past two weeks. they've been like an unexpected reprieve.

If you're getting any DLC for Borderlands, it should be the General Knox' Armory and not these two. I don't understand why they would bundle these two and not include the one that's actually worth it! Lame... To sum it up, nothing to see here, please move along.

Elysium wrote:
...there's just not a whole lot to get my money maker shaking about this month.

Can I just be the first to request that this particular piece of mental imagery never again be used? Mind-bleach is just too expensive.

Before it was delayed to May 18, Red Dead Redemption was supposed to launch this week. I think the dusty wind you see blowin' round these parts is everyone else having gotten the f--- outta Rockstar's way already.

Sensical wrote:
Before it was delayed to May 18, Red Dead Redemption was supposed to launch this week. I think the dusty wind you see blowin' round these parts is everyone else having gotten the f--- outta Rockstar's way already.

May 18th, you say? Hmm, Borderlands might be just the game to play until then. And after May 18th, I'll be saddlin' up my posse and ridin' the open-world range...

So they package two of the three addons for the same price as it would be to buy them individually...
wat?

FedoraMcQuaid wrote:
So they package two of the three addons for the same price as it would be to buy them individually...
wat?

I imagine that somewhere, someone who doesn't have reliable Internet is super stoked about this. For the rest of us, though, there's nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Monster Hunter Tri is out in two weeks.

I'm almost done with Zombie Island and I'd say it's been a good piece of content. Around the same quality as vanilla Borderlands but paced better imo.

*Sounds of Bad Company 2 in the background*

I'm sorry, did you say something about a pile?

Not to forget, for PC: Plain Sight (http://www.plainsightgame.com/)

Ninja Robots fighting in a "Super Mario Galaxy"-like gravity with katanas and earning points by exploding yourself, what's not to like?

IMAGE(http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4164/16726006.jpg)

Well, my first comment is a mess, obviously.

Gnoupi wrote:
Not to forget, for PC: Plain Sight (http://www.plainsightgame.com/)

Ninja Robots fighting in a "Super Mario Galaxy"-like gravity with katanas and earning points by exploding yourself, what's not to like?

IMAGE(http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4164/16726006.jpg)

Well, my first comment is a mess, obviously.

There are limitations on new accounts which eventually fall away, to prevent spammers from linking.

estorino wrote:
If you're getting any DLC for Borderlands, it should be the General Knox' Armory and not these two. I don't understand why they would bundle these two and not include the one that's actually worth it! Lame... To sum it up, nothing to see here, please move along.

YMMV. I thought the Zombie Island DLC was hilariously fun and liked it more than General Knoxx. I also like Moxxi's; it was just a horde mode, but for $10, it was a fun, if short-lived, horde mode.

Lead and Gold came out this week. Fun for what it is and worth a $15 romp. The flag carrying spawn mechanic is pretty clever and who doesn't love potbellied miners with double barreled shotguns?