Donation Drive 09 Update #1

Big thanks for all the support so far! We're way (way) behind on tagging thanks to a technical snafu on Elysium's machine. This "technical snafu" could be code for "playing WoW in my underwear" but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief ... for now. We will get your tags in place soon and want to thank you all for your support and patience. In case you missed it, our once a year donation drive is happening through the month of September. It's your chance to help us carry on with the business of running the awesome daily content on the site and the weekly podcast. Did I mention our awesome donor prize draw? There are fabulous prizes to be won including a console of your choice and a very (very) limited edition Bioshock figure signed by our good pal Ken Levine. Hit the main post for all the details!

Read on for a list of donors we've tagged so far. Like I said, we have a ton left to do, so don't worry if you're not on here yet. Thanks again for all the good thoughts and donations everyone! It means a lot.

Aaron D.
Amn
Andor
AnimeJ
AP Erebus
BadKen
Badmojo
bennard
Berend_Jan
biogolem
Bjlightnin
boreden-myrddraal
BreechLoad
Bullion Cube
Burnt Toast
casktapper
Clemenstation
Crunchy
cube
Deftly
Desram
DevilStick
DF7
Dimmerswitch
Draco
Dramatic Marlin
DrJekl
DudleySmith
Duoae
Dysplastic
Edwin
eezy_bordone
Elliottx
estorino
evilseed
FeralMonkey
firesloth
Grubber788
Hantaxp
Heatseek
HedgeWizard
Hyperion540
InfluenceDevice
JediK809
Jerrak
jlaakso
Judge_Digger
kaostheory
Karmajay
Kepheus
Kilaban
Kilanash
Kosars
KrazyTaco[FO]
Latrine
Lilcodger
LordJezo
lostlobster
Ludditus
Malor
Maq
McChuck
MeatMan
merphle
MikeSands
Minarchist
MoonDragon
Mr Crinkle
mrwynd
MyBrainHz
Nei
Nightmare
Norfair
oozlum
Overlap12
PandaEskimo
PapaLoo
Par
ParallaxAbstraction
Pharacon
Philosofrenzy
philucifer
polq37
Prozac
Ranger Rick
Rat Boy
RedJen
Rezzy
saxtus
Scratched
Serengeti
Shadout
sheared
Silveran
SocialChameleon
spider_j
stevenmack
stupidhaiku
Switchbreak
Tach
ThatGuy42
TheCounselor
thyarcher
Trachalio
TrashiDawa
trowan
wanderingtaoist
Yoreel

Comments

i'm not in it

YET

Short list, Elysium must be playing a lot of WoW in his underwear.

MrDeVil909 wrote:

Short list, Elysium must be playing a lot of WoW in his underwear.

Very short. Assuming Elysium didn't just spill Corona on his PC, I say temporarily deactivate his WoW account until you get caught up on tagging.

MeatMan wrote:
MrDeVil909 wrote:

Short list, Elysium must be playing a lot of WoW in his underwear.

Very short. Assuming Elysium didn't just spill Corona on his PC, I say temporarily deactivate his WoW account until you get caught up on tagging.

Agreed. I want that watch.

MrDeVil909 wrote:
MeatMan wrote:
MrDeVil909 wrote:

Short list, Elysium must be playing a lot of WoW in his underwear.

Very short. Assuming Elysium didn't just spill Corona on his PC, I say temporarily deactivate his WoW account until you get caught up on tagging.

Agreed. I want that watch.

I say put a rubiks bra on his WoW account until he catches up! Get to work!!

Donating in hopes that the image of Elysium playing WoW in his underwear is purged from my brain forever.

He's probably too busy rubbing money on his nipples to update the accounts. It's our fault, of course, for donating a pile of cash for him to jump up and down in.

OK, donated on the first reminder this year. Donation sent and I've added to the flood in Elysium's inbox.

But, if I give up my key, how do I get into the executive washroom?

Whew, I made the cut! And my plan of buying a shiny new PS3 with WoW gold seems to be working >.>

Edit: And my very own gold-plated Weighted Companion Cube. Nice

Coldstream wrote:

He's probably too busy rubbing money on his nipples to update the accounts. It's our fault, of course, for donating a pile of cash for him to jump up and down in.

Let's just hope he hasn't blown it all on a solid gold, diamond-encrusted Corona crown.

Actually, that would be awesome. Frivolous, but still awesome.

Kepheus wrote:

Whew, I made the cut! And my plan of buying a shiny new PS3 with WoW gold seems to be working >.>

Edit: And my very own gold-plated Weighted Companion Cube. Nice :)

Sweet cube! Do you think maybe I could take it for a spin some time?

MeatMan wrote:

Let's just hope he hasn't blown it all on a solid gold, diamond-encrusted Corona crown.

Actually, that would be awesome. Frivolous, but still awesome.

Indeed. On the next live podcast we'll see this giant wall of mini-Corona cases behind him, along with a thank-you note from the company.

Hey Elysium, I can always remote in again and try to fix up your system if you're having issues with it. That is of course assuming I wouldn't just end up watching a raid.

Look, I'm just going to come out straight with it. It's a rookie mistake, and one I'm not proud of, but ...

I didn't save an excel file I was working on with about 100 names added, and I had a crash that corrupted the file and I had to revert back to an older version. I think we've all learned something today. I've learned to save more often (again), and you've learned not to trust me with electronic equipment.

No worries, Elysium, it happens to everyone.

For anyone curious, tagging is a two stage process. Elysium collects all the real names and which forum names they're associated with, and then I take the list and apply the tags to the various accounts. I have to maintain a separate database just for tracking tags every year. Alllll the way back to the very first ones.

And then we sprinkle some love into the mix. That's the secret ingredient.

Certis wrote:

And then we sprinkle some love into the mix. That's the secret ingredient.

And that's why it's worth the wait

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Kepheus wrote:

Edit: And my very own gold-plated Weighted Companion Cube. Nice :)

I guess it was a bit late to hope for gold-plated bnpedersen monkeys with rubik's cube bras.

There's always next year.

I too donated on the first reminder. Can't believe this damn month is going by so quickly.

Just donated as well

tanstaafl wrote:

But, if I give up my key, how do I get into the executive washroom?

I think it was Carlin who said, "I don't know whether to sh*t or wind my watch. Guess I'll sh*t on my watch."

I'd been wondering how they'd up the Yacht, but I guess a Gold Plated Companion Cube would do that.

Is the tagging being done in any random order or by order of donating?

Edit: Never mind, just got the watch.

Ok, just did a mess of tags! Still more to do, but I've updated this main post with the updated list of donors. Woo!

WienerBomb! WienerBomb! WienerBomb! WienerBomb! WienerBomb! WienerBomb! WienerBomb! WienerBomb!

Woo!

Rat Boy wrote:

Is the tagging being done in any random order or by order of donating?

Edit: Never mind, just got the watch.

I was curious about that as well actually. I'm not in any particular hurry for the Executive Washroom key or anything. But I've had a lot of since I sent in my donation, and if I don't get that key soon I may have to 'visit' that potted plant over there in the corner...

Sweet

Grubber788 wrote:
Kepheus wrote:

Whew, I made the cut! And my plan of buying a shiny new PS3 with WoW gold seems to be working >.>

Edit: And my very own gold-plated Weighted Companion Cube. Nice :)

Sweet cube! Do you think maybe I could take it for a spin some time?

No! Is my cube! My preciousssss

Kepheus wrote:
Grubber788 wrote:
Kepheus wrote:

Whew, I made the cut! And my plan of buying a shiny new PS3 with WoW gold seems to be working >.>

Edit: And my very own gold-plated Weighted Companion Cube. Nice :)

Sweet cube! Do you think maybe I could take it for a spin some time?

No! Is my cube! My preciousssss

What is that icon Kepheus? Is that the elusive 7 year donor icon??

EDIT: NM, a filthy skimmer am I.

Certis wrote:

Ok, just did a mess of tags! Still more to do, but I've updated this main post with the updated list of donors. Woo!

At last, I have the golden key! Now I can behold the beauty and grandeur of the GWJ Executive Washroom while dropping a deuce in a gold-plated toilet.

Ahh, the good life.