I really like Assassin's Creed. It's a technological marvel with impressive control features set in a world that is an absolute joy to explore. I recommend it to anyone with thumbs and a console. Hold this knowledge close to your heart as you read my imaginary patch notes containing the things I think would take Assassin's Creed into a whole new realm of greatness -- rather than a really good two hours of gameplay stretched out to about ten.
Fake, Imaginary, Totally Made-Up Patch Notes For Assassin's Creed
Thanks to all the fan feedback on Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft will be releasing a patch for the Xbox 360 and PS3 before Christmas. These changes will also be rolled into the upcoming PC version of the game.
- Added all new missions for the Kingdom area that take advantage of the open landscape and gives the area more purpose. This includes horseback chases, "hold the pass" missions, and even an actual reason to have horseback combat.
- Added an option to skip rescued citizen dialogue. We know, it gets a little tired after a while.
- Decreased the timeout period before guards will give up the chase once you're out of view. No more extended "danger" yellow periods until you find a roof-top cat box, bench or pile of hay to jump in.
- Added a picture-in-picture screen for main assassination targets allowing the player to move freely while the target delivers his speech rather than just pace around like a caged animal.
- Certain target missions have been redone to involve more chases and encourage pre-assassination planning by the player. Killing surrounding guards, finding a stealthy way to the target, etc.
- Players can now jump straight from the Assassin fortress to the target city, plot permitting.
- Added a full day/night cycle. At night, extra guards roam the streets and rooftops with torches. Some missions will take places at night.
- Some Templars now have horses in the field.
- The player can now run in "… the other area.
- Improved some frame rate issues on the PS3
- Pickpocketed targets will no longer do the "Oh noes I'm been pickpockets!" mime performance.
Added a higher difficulty mode with the following additions:
- Citizens will now run to the nearest guard if they see you climbing a wall for more than five seconds.
- More guards added to the rooftops and surrounding areas.
- All enemies require at least two throwing knives to kill.
- Guards will react immediately to any unusual movements by the player. Climbing buildings, knocking civilians over, etc.
- Completing a "rescue citizen" mission will not automatically return status to anonymous.
- Some "loyal citizens" can impede escape from the guards much like the vigilantes help the player by impeding the guards.
We hope that that these (pretend, totally made up by Gamers With Jobs) changes improve the game experience for our loyal customers.