Gamers With Jobs is looking for one or two talented writers to regularly contribute front page material. Writers with solid industry knowledge, strong writing skills and a commitment to produce two 1000+ word articles per month should read on for details on how to apply.
To be considered for the GWJ writing staff please submit an original, previously unpublished article meeting the following guidelines. Ability to read and follow instructions a must so please read carefully.
- Submission topic should analyze a game or gaming related news story of 2006.
- Submission should be between 800 and 1000 words.
- Submission should be an original work, and not have appeared elsewhere prior, including publicly viewable blogs. (If you think I should look at your previous writings, you may link to them in the submission email, but they should not substitute the assignment)
- Submissions should be sent either attached as a .doc or .txt or within the body of an email to [email protected] with the subject: 2007 GWJ Call For Writers Submission.
- The body of your email must include your name, your current forum name if applicable, the title of your article, and the best email address at which to contact you. You may also include any comments you have on why we should choose you to be the next GWJ writer.
- Submissions are due by January 31, 2007. Late submissions will not be accepted.
What We're Looking For:
- Good writing!
- Strong voice! Clever ability to turn a phrase!
- Creativity and unique commentary. You have a lot of latitude with the topic given. Be funny or serious; analytical or farcical; tightly focused or grand. Just say something unique! Make me think.
- The ability to follow instructions.
- Writers who want to improve their craft and explore opportunities for beginning a career. We want someone willing to put some time both in writing about the industry as well as being a part of a writer community.
- Industry knowledge. This is a site built around video games. Show me that you know how the present is built on the past, or even what the future may hold. Show us that you know what you're talking about without being pedantic.
- Good writing. No seriously, that's the big one.
Why You Should Write For GWJ
- Build a portfolio and a career. The work you do here gets your foot in the door if you want to write for the industry. GWJ alum and current writers have been published in numerous outlets using the work they did here as a building block.
- We offer a lot of creative freedom and encourage our writers to take chances.
- We have a strong community of writers that collaborate on articles, supply critical feedback, and support one another.
- We have a dedicated audience and receive millions of hits per year. GWJ content has been referenced by major sites and newspapers. If you write something truly inspired, people will take notice.
We look forward to reading what you guys have to say!