July 4th to 10th

Happy Independence Day, Americans! I hope you're enjoying your independence during what may be one of the slowest weeks for new games this year. Pretty much all we have to look at is Killer 7 for the Gamecube and PS2. Capcom's bat-crap crazy adventure game made almost no sense at E3 and early reviews seem to agree that you'll either love it or hate it. Looks like it might be a cool experiment but a rent or waiting for some views from the forums might be the best call for now. It's a little sad that I feel so leery of such an original looking game but E3's showing really was nutters.

IMAGE(http://www.gametab.com/images/ss/gcn/2499/box.jpg)

On DVD this week we have Monk: Season Three, In My Country, Mardi Gras Massacre and not much more!

PC:

Salvo! (07/05)

PS2:

Killer 7 (07/06)

Xbox:

Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack (07/05)

GameCube:

Killer 7 (07/06)

PSP:

Coded Arms (07/0

Comments

Soo, not having purchased a Gamecube game in a long long time. whats the scoop on Killer 7? The previews last year were intriguing...

A Gamecube release at last? How long has it been?

7 months. Last thing was Resident Evil 4 in Janurary (I think that was the date).

edited for numbers

Oh shoot. I was going to make a smart ass remark about every 6 months that I assumed was going to be hyperbole. I guess it would have actually been understatement.

Edwin wrote:

Last thing was Resident Evil 7

Wow, where have I been? I missed a few!

Star Fox, Splinter Cell, Donky Konga, Timesplitters, Donky Kong Jungle Beat, and I could list more.

Ulairi wrote:

Star Fox, Splinter Cell, Donky Konga, Timesplitters, Donky Kong Jungle Beat, and I could list more.

Two of those are multi system so those don't count (I thought we were talking exclusives). I can't vouch for the quality of the other two as I haven't played them (I did play Star Fox demo in NY Toys R US, and as it was a demo played for a few minutes my thoughts don't count) but 3 games in 7 months? Come on now. Looking it up Star Fox doesn't seem that to do so well. Jungle Beat on the other hand seems to be favorable in the reviews.

Edwin wrote:
Ulairi wrote:

Star Fox, Splinter Cell, Donky Konga, Timesplitters, Donky Kong Jungle Beat, and I could list more.

Two of those are multi system so those don't count (I thought we were talking exclusives). I can't vouch for the quality of the other two as I haven't played them (I did play Star Fox demo in NY Toys R US, and as it was a demo played for a few minutes my thoughts don't count) but 3 games in 7 months? Come on now. Looking it up Star Fox doesn't seem that to do so well. Jungle Beat on the other hand seems to be favorable in the reviews.

Scores don't mean much. If you read the Star Fox reviews, the flying missions are great, the on land missions hurt it. I would also like to add that a game that gets in the 70% range isn't a bad game, people seem to think that anything under a 9.x isn't a good game.

There have been a lot of games released on the GameCube in the past 7 months. Have all of them been as good as RE4? No. What games released this year is as good as RE4? God of War is a good game, not my cup of tea.

I think third party games do count since there are going to be more of those released than first party games. The only game I got on my Xbox this year is Froza Motorsports. Jade Empire was a dissapointment and I'm getting tired of the KOTOR dialog tree.

I wasn't wanting to get in an arguement over it, I was just pointing out that there have been some games released on the system.

Ulairi wrote:

If you read the Star Fox reviews, the flying missions are great, the on land missions hurt it. .

Totally agree; didn't the Star Fox devs play (or even read reviews of) Rogue Squadron III and realize, "hey, these land missions in a space shooter game kinda suck!"?

Draco wrote:
Ulairi wrote:

If you read the Star Fox reviews, the flying missions are great, the on land missions hurt it. .

Totally agree; didn't the Star Fox devs play (or even read reviews of) Rogue Squadron III and realize, "hey, these land missions in a space shooter game kinda suck!"?

Certainly similar games, but I think the game they were striving for (IMO)was ratchet and clank. Of course the game doesn't nearly match the goodness that is R&C.

Sku Boi wrote:
Draco wrote:
Ulairi wrote:

If you read the Star Fox reviews, the flying missions are great, the on land missions hurt it. .

Totally agree; didn't the Star Fox devs play (or even read reviews of) Rogue Squadron III and realize, "hey, these land missions in a space shooter game kinda suck!"?

Certainly similar games, but I think the game they were striving for (IMO)was ratchet and clank. Of course the game doesn't nearly match the goodness that is R&C.

I didn't think it was trying to be anything like R&C...I couldn't see what they were trying to do with the ground missions. The flight missions are classic Star Fox and are great.