Gamers With Jobs Haiku Contest!
Welcome to the first ever Gamers With Jobs contest in the shiny new year of 2004! Sitting around the virtual meeting room we discussed the best way to run our first contest and how to make you earn your prizes. You see, we're not satisfied with just throwing fabulous gifts at the community without making you work for them first. Along that line Sway had the idea a while back to run a "gaming haiku" contest. Since my "send in nudies of your significant other and win!" idea was vetoed we're running with the haiku idea. Read on for the rules, where to submit and what's up for grabs!The Gaming Haiku Contest is pretty simple. First off, what exactly is a haiku?
Here is an example of a Haiku:
haiÃ‚Â·ku ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hk) n. pl. haiku, also haiÃ‚Â·kus
A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons. A poem written in this form.
This contest is good
Sometimes we all need prizes
I hope that I win
See? 5 syllables, 7 then 5 again. It doesn't even have to rhyme!
That's about it! You can send your entries to [email protected] and be sure to have them in before 11:59PM on Sunday, January 11th. Once all of the entries are in our judges will pick their three favorites (with names excluded so they don't know which haiku belongs to who) and whichever haiku gets the most picks wins!
1) You must be registered in the forums to participate.
2) Each person may enter two haiku's but they must be included in the same email.
3) The haiku's should be about games, gaming or gamers with jobs (not the site, just the subject).
4) The contest deadline is Sunday, January 11th at midnight.
5) When you send your entry in be sure to include your forum name and your email address.
6) There are three prizes to be won and three places in the contest. Rather than assign prizes to each placement we will let the winner pick his/her prize and then let second place pick from the remaining two. Third place gets what's left over.
7) One other note, if you don't want the prize you won for some reason (ie: you're third place, already have the game, etc.) you can choose to give it away to someone else in the forums. If you do you're automatically entered into future random draws until such a day comes (if it comes) that you win something you want.
Now for the important bit! Here are the three prizes up for grabs in no particular order:
A copy of Amped 2, the latest snowboarding game for Microsoft's Xbox.
A custom forum avatar created for you by our local artistic megaman, Sway.
Perhaps considered the booby prize, this Dark Elf Sorcerer D&D miniature was lovingly painted by Certis while listening to the director commentary on the Two Towers DVD. It doesn't get any nerdier than that!