Ascaron dropped a little note that they today officially announced Port Royale 2. No real surprise since the title was already known to be in the development. However, they also launched a German teaser site, which lists some of the improvements. If the title doesn't ring any bell for you, check out Elysium's impressions of the first part.
Read on for a short summary...
- Altogether there will be 4 nations and over 60 towns. New towns can be founded as well.
- About 16 different ship types will be featured.
- The trading system is going to get revamped. Production options will be spread better. Also, there will be regions where certain wares are preferably produced.
- More automation: once your captains reach a certain level they can decide on their own what to buy or sell on the trading routes you assigned.
- Business as usual: the more successful you are , the more captains you can hire and the more production facilities can be built. Of course, you have to earn a town permission before that. The ("widescreen") interface and menu options were reworked to make sure you don't get lost later in the game when managing a number of convois and fabs.