Ferrago sends word that the popular hack and slash game Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is getting a sequel on the PS2 and the Xbox. Considering the Christmas 2003 release date I don't expect many major changes to the series but then the formula seems to work pretty well as it is.Read on for the feature list.
- Fast paced, addictive hack n' slash combat with over 40+ levels of action spread over 4 acts.
- Five new customizable characters, each with distinctive powers appearances and abilities that develop throughout the game.
- New, detailed environments and monsters with even more explosive spell effects than before.
- A new, inventive item creation system that allows players to forge their own unique magical weapons and armor from raw components.
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use, from enchanted potions and scrolls to wands.
- A Branching storyline allows the player to choose how he or she wants to the play the game, making each game experience unique.
- Two-player cooperative mode that allows both players to play the game on a full screen.
I tried to play the original but I just couldn't get into it. I'm all for mindless fun but this one just didn't grab me like I was hoping it would.