Minecraft, for those not in the know, is a block-based building game that has you spelunking for resources, constructing houses, crafting goods, and fending off monsters such as skeleton archers riding spider mounts. Currently the meat of the game is in the singleplayer mode, but Notch, the developer, is a coding machine and hopefully multiplayer will be catching up quickly. Updates are typically released on Friday.
Here are a few general Minecraft links:
- Minecraft site
- Notch's blog
- GWJ Minecraft general thread
- Minecraft Wiki
- Minecraft ID list - used for item summoning
- Info on my AutoHotkey script
- Picture identifying all blocks
[size=20]GWJ multiplayer servers:[/size]
- To join, use "gwj-mc.clanservers.com:10100" as the "IP" address
- Whitelist access only.
- World Map - Temp map at "minecraft.monkeysandcogs.com" - automatic updating to come
- Teamspeak - ts4.gameservers.com:9144
- Contact ButtonMasher here on GWJ for whitelisting and Teamspeak access.
- Now in a dedicated thread: https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/...
[Edit 160310] Replacing LM's server with BM's.