NBA 2022-23 Season Catch-All

The belt is back in Bay Area. The league is pretty wide open. Utah has joined Houston, OKC and other teams hoarding draft picks like Smaug hoards gold. The coach of the reigning Eastern Conference champions might be watching from home this year. Let's get ready for the 2022 - 2023 season.

DSGamer wrote:

The coach of the reigning Eastern Conference champions might be watching from home this year.

My only question about this is why Ime Udoka's expected suspension is equal in length to the one handed down to Robert Sarver?

I am excited to see how many more 6'9 multipositional players the Raptors can fit on the roster around FvV.

Thanks. I knew I was slacking too much for new thread.

Donovan in Cleveland. I've never cheered for any of the city's franchises. This is going to be weird

Celtics suspend Udoka for the entire season. Again, what warranted a full year suspension the same as Sarver?

Boy must've been WILDING. Because otherwise, yeah, what the hell?

There must be something else to this. Either the front office wanted him gone for other reasons or there is more details about this yet to come out, and the Celtics are getting ahead of it.

But as it stands, I would push Bickerstaff in front of a bus myself to hire Udoka.

Rat Boy wrote:

Celtics suspend Udoka for the entire season. Again, what warranted a full year suspension the same as Sarver?

I might be behind the ball here but listening to Boston sports radio my understanding is that this isn't a league thing but a Celtics organization punishment. They considered it light as it would usually be a firing offence.

The variance in sports punishment for different personal offences makes no sense to me.

EvilDead wrote:

I might be behind the ball here but listening to Boston sports radio my understanding is that this isn't a league thing but a Celtics organization punishment.

This is something I keep circling back to: is there specific language in employee contracts of the Celtics that outline this type of punishment for this type of infraction?

Yeah, i'm curious, but I'm also with DragonflyJonez:

BOS released a statement saying firing Ime is on the table. Ime released a statement saying he's not pushin back on any punishment handed down & reports say he even contemplated resigning. Idk how anyone can be all THIS IS BULLsh*t instead of waiting for the details at this point

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdUMX6YXkAEv5PA?format=jpg&name=900x900)

That ain't good.

More via The Athletic.

I've never seen the needle move from "Is the punishment too severe?" to "Is the punishment too light?" this fast in my life.

To have Matt Barnes this shook? the details on this apparently are NOT GOOD.

I saw Matt Barnes trending on Twitter and literally thought, “This must be really bad if Matt Barnes thinks it’s bad”.

Seriously. That video took me from "Oh, this is definitely fireable" to "Oh, he'll be lucky if this isn't criminal."

Rat Boy wrote:

I've never seen the needle move from "Is the punishment too severe?" to "Is the punishment too light?" to "Is this sh*t apocalyptic?" this fast in my life.

FTFM.

I’m listening to the NBA channel on SiriusXM and man the Celtics cope is strong.

Bill Simmons is about to be insufferable. It’s so weird to hear Celtics fans talking about what a bummer this is to them, what about the victim?

DSGamer wrote:

It’s so weird to hear Celtics fans talking about what a bummer this is to them, what about the victim?

Do NOT look at the comments under any of the posts about the presser today, especially on NBCSportsBoston. Deeply depressing.

Rat Boy wrote:
EvilDead wrote:

I might be behind the ball here but listening to Boston sports radio my understanding is that this isn't a league thing but a Celtics organization punishment.

This is something I keep circling back to: is there specific language in employee contracts of the Celtics that outline this type of punishment for this type of infraction?

I imagine anyone he slept with would be a subordinate, since he is near the top, and that is usually a big no no for any HR department. Also he had a fiancé.

Prederick wrote:

To have Matt Barnes this shook? the details on this apparently are NOT GOOD.

That doesn't sound good at all...

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/eEXSTa2.jpg)

I know I just posted a joke about this, but holy moly, Zion!

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdmGDNrWQAE_TmI?format=jpg&name=large)

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdmHx1WUYAgJR1J?format=jpg&name=large)

Prederick wrote:

Honestly, I respect the "Jimmy Butler Absurdist Hair" trolling campaign.

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FdnDANZWYA4Wijk?format=jpg&name=large)

IMAGE(https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6YglDndxKdCNw7q8/giphy.gif)

Happy media day!

Drumming up interest in the fantasy basketball league again.

https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/joinLeague.go?leagueId=d7rwp62gl6cttc9f

2022-2023 NBA Positionless Ball hosted on Fantrax

Lots of spots open still!

Draft night is Sunday Oct 16th 9PM ET

Questions? Ask away!