That which has been seen/Vasectomy Snip-all

garion333 wrote:
Vector wrote:

It's been 6 months since my consultation and hadn't heard anything back. Called today just to get any sort of update and was told that they aren't doing any right now and best estimate is probably 18 months out. I've also been put on a different doctor's list; one that is still doing vasectomies. I asked if I had to do the consultation all over again and they didn't know. As far as I'm concerned, I'm back at square one. I love living in Canada but this is one of those times where the myth you here south of the border about our healthcare is 100% true.

Likely related to health crunch from Covid and vasectomy being a low priority for overall health?

That's exactly it. Before COVID, I already had to wait 1 year to get a consultation but after that it was supposed to be a "short" wait. They were not clear on what that meant but it was supposed to be less than 6 months. The other factor is that the BC government has shifted priorities and rules a bunch of times and we're going through our 3rd wave.

Vector wrote:
garion333 wrote:
Vector wrote:

That sucks compared to my in and out experience. COVID is the wooooorst. Definitely ruined so much and killed a hell of a lot of people. Good luck getting everything scheduled and completed eventually.

Any Minnesota recommendations for doctors to do this? I have been asked to have my sperm jump the shark.

Hobear wrote:

I got mine done in Burnsville by Fairview Ridges. But it was in 2014 so I cannot remember or find who I used.

Had the snip a little over 24 hours ago. Since then I have finished the entirety of Pokemon Sword while lying in bed with peas on my junk.

Haven't played video games this much since I was a teenager.

Pinkerton wrote:

Haven't played video games this much since I was a teenager.

Living the dream.

3 months post-op coming up.... definitely time to go get my confirmation test that I'm all clear.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Xa4a8L1.jpeg)

Stele wrote:

Waiting for the results of mine...

I need one of these while I wait

lunchbox12682 wrote:
Pinkerton wrote:

Haven't played video games this much since I was a teenager.

Living the dream.
My puppy just got his surgery yesterday and I was telling him I know how he feels, cone notwithstanding. I also reminded my wife how I only got like 4 hours of peace with peas before she tossed a child at me. :)

Similar experience, but I got to around the 28 hour mark.

Finally had a call with a second doctor after the first stopped doing them. I'm around 6 months out if this doctor doesn't stop as well.

Whew. Clean test result came back today during the kids' naptime. 15 minutes later...

Yay for post-op life.

Stele wrote:

Yay for post-op life.

Woot!

I got snipped in October. I gave my sample and got my negative test result in January. Last night, after coming back from the store and going upstairs to the bathroom, my wife came stomping into the kitchen looking upset and showed me her phone. On it was a picture of a pregnancy test. "Okay...whose is that?" I said, very confused. "Mine," she said.

I then looked more closely at the picture.

I was still very confused about what the picture supposed to be showing. I saw one bright pink line and the pregnancy test said two lines meant pregnant. (This was part of my confusion at my wife presenting the picture to me, as my initial read was it was a negative pregnancy test, so it did not occur to me that it would both be hers and that she'd be upset about it). My wife had zoomed the picture in to the 10000th zoom and...maybe there was the tiniest hint of another line?

As a good husband, I knew that, however much I was not prepared for a 4th kid, it is my obligation to say "okay! well! we're gonna love this baby so much just like our other three kids! life sure does surprise you sometimes hahahahahaha!" even if I was also sh*tting myself. I then gently delved into my skepticism about whether there was actually a second line on the test. She felt it was obvious there was something there, however faint, and reported that the pregnancy test says that even if you see the faintest line it means 99% certainty you're pregnant. I said okay, I hear that, but we also know I got a vasectomy and a test confirming no live sperm, so I also should be 99+% not capable of conceiving so...whatever happened, we're in a 99% scenario. On the one hand, my wife was about a week late on her period and now has this test that she reads as saying she's pregnant. On the other hand, I've been snipped and my wife does have a long history of over-reading pregnancy tests (see, e.g. here followed by here) such that when we had our third kid and I then got snipped I thought "well we'll save a few hundred dollars on pregnancy tests now." So I tried to keep in mind that it is an unclear situation and it would possibly be resolved very shortly.

I gave lots of hugs and support and tried not to freak out too hard. I definitely had moments last night where my kids were being monsters and I felt like oh god I can't believe we're going to add another to this, but I also had plenty of nice moments of snuggling and watching cartoons with them and feeling like well this could be great too even if it's not what we planned.

And now, ~18 hours later, I just got a text from my wife that her period has started. Whew.

Thoughts on just take the numb shot to the ol sackeroo or ask for vallume?

I am slated for the end of July. I am kinda bummed. Wish we had started having kids earlier. we have 2 and I think one or two more would be fun. That being said our whole life is already eaten and my wife will absolutely not do another. So I am on my way to get my wings clipped.

I had both. I had never had a valium before and just felt super relaxed. The doctor was my age and we just talked about Halo and The Witcher for 30 minutes. Honestly, in a weird way, it was a pretty nice experience.

SallyNasty wrote:

I had both. I had never had a valium before and just felt super relaxed.

Same and same. They didn't even ask just prescribed one pill. Cheapest non free drug prescription I've ever picked up hah.

If you are at all anxious about this type of surgery, or surgeries in general, I say definitely take the Valium.

I was offered Ativan and it was the difference between me feeling like I was on the brink of walking out to the feeling that some dude was making a hole in my testicles and I couldn't care less within a 10 minute span.

I got the no scalpel/no needle version so freezing wasn't even needed.

I had zero anxiety about my op (I was pretty pumped, in fact) and the urologist still insisted I pop a Valium.

He made it sound like it was more for his benefit than mine.

Looking back, the Valium probably helped both of us so I say go for it.

I had general anesthesia. Worked great and honestly I would not have tolerated the local very well, anxiety and all that.

Thanks all. I am surprised my doc didn't even offer it. I didn't ask. I'll be messaging him.

Here I am with frozen peas on my balls. Got it done this morning. I expected more out of the valium. Didn't do anything for me but I had a good doc who made sure all sensation was numbed several times.

Lidocaine is wearing off, laying on the couch, got my Tylenol pumping through my veins. Here's to a good and hopefully quick recovery. I plan to do sh*t for the next 3 days.

Enjoy the weekend recovery. Play lots of games on the couch.

All right!

Congratulations on your balls, Hobear.

*adds new entry to "Things I Thought I'd Never Say" list*

The real win was me writing "Shave Balls" on the calendar. It turned out my mother in law was trying to schedule a thing with my wife earlier this month when here for a birthday party. My wife and her were looking at the exact date I had written "shave balls". Thankfully she has bad eyes and my wife kept trying to shield it. Still super funny.

Sore defrons sure are no fun. I have the old man shuffle going on right now.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Congratulations on your balls, Hobear.

*adds new entry to "Things I Thought I'd Never Say" list*

I think I can speak for all of us and say I expected at some point in my life that I would witness Milkman congratulating Hobear on his balls.

SallyNasty wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Congratulations on your balls, Hobear.

*adds new entry to "Things I Thought I'd Never Say" list*

You are, as always, quite the visionary, Sally.

My balls are often a hot topic.

Hobear wrote:

My balls are often a hot topic.

Have you tried Gold Bond?