Some things I know I think (with apologies to Peter King, who only thinks what he thinks without knowing):
1. CAAAAAAAAAAAAAM. Dude isn't hurt in the slightest (although he might have tweaked a hammie).
2. Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson sure are exciting!
3. Lavonte David is really, really good, which is something that MMD has been telling us for years. I need no further convincing.
4. Every time Talcum Hull sees game action, the Saints coach should lose a Hall of Fame vote.
5. A stat to watch: yards per passing attempt. In Week 1, Brees (6.7) and Brady (5.3) were 21st and 27th, respectively. The Saints will be fine with that short-ball crap because of Alvin Kamara and all their receivers. But the Bucs will be screwed. Bruce Arians likes chunk plays, and dainty Tom Brady can take only tiny bites.
6. Speaking of Cam, remember that he's a one-year rental for the Patriots. Belichick has no reason to try to save his body and every reason to run him 10-15 times a game.
7. I'm torn on the Washington FT. It's a miserable organization that should go DIAF, but I'm glad to see the Riverboat (who's fighting cancer, by the way) pull off a second-half comeback. As long as WFT sucks, the NFL can ignore them. But if they make the playoffs, maybe they'll have to do something about their miserable waste-of-flesh owner.
8. Also: 8 sacks by the WFT. That's the D-line the Riverboat always wanted in Carolina and never quite got (though he was close a couple of times.)
9. It's only Week 1. Don't panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. These teams should panic, however Browns and Lions. But panic mode is normal in Cleveland and Detroit, so carry on, I guess.
WEEK 2 SCHEDULE
Bengals at Browns, 8:20 p.m. on NFL network (aka the Suck Bowl, which means it'll be Game of the Year)
Jags at Titans , 1 p.m. on CBS
Panthers at Bucs, 1 p.m. on Fox
Broncos at Steelers, 1 p.m. on CBS
Rams at Eagles, 1 p.m. on Fox
49ers at Jets, 1 p.m. on Fox
Bills at Dolphins, 1 p.m. on CBS
Vikings at Colts, 1 p.m. on Fox
Lions at Packers, 1 p.m. on Fox
Falcons at Cowboys, 1 p.m. on Fox
Giants at Bears, 1 p.m. on CBS
WFT at Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. on Fox
Chiefs at Chargers, 4:25 p.m. on CBS (the late game for most folks)
Ravens at Texans, 4:25 p.m. on CBS (the late game for me; Lamar sted Mahomes is fine)
Patriots at Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. on NBC ****
Saints at Raiders, 8:15 p.m. on ESPN