Post a picture, entertain me!

The light is green so you're turning the A/C off.

Nevin73 wrote:

The light is green so you're turning the A/C off.

Was out in the sunshine, I didn’t see that... you’re correct!

Wink_and_the_Gun wrote:

Shouldn’t that be thruster power to life support...? Turn on that AC, and your acceleration goes 0 to 60 in oh... 40 minutes.

All I could see was "convert" where it clearly should have been "divert"

In Europe, driving anything with more than 4 cylinders is considered to be actually setting fire to the planet.

Concave wrote:

In Europe, driving anything with more than 4 cylinders is considered to be actually setting fire to the planet.

Yup. We just got a new car. A Ford Focus (which they don't even sell in the USA) with 3 cylinders and 125 horses. More than enough to go 130 kph on the highway and with lots of acceleration. It even throttles down and only uses 2 cylinders when it doesn't need the third.

Edit: The image would have made more sense 10-15 years ago when engine optimization was less advanced.

Concave wrote:

In Europe, driving anything with more than 4 cylinders is considered to be actually setting fire to the planet.

Even their F1 cars are hybrids.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/Nbu3M6N.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.redd.it/50ox87pluwf31.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.redd.it/fu5u6rnp8xf31.jpg)

BadKen wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.redd.it/fu5u6rnp8xf31.jpg)

Mondays, amirite?

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/woW7r7f.png)

Turbos make all the difference in the world.

Turns out that there is, in fact, a replacement for displacement.

As a Saab driver from 1996 to 2018 I have to agree, but I think going forward electrics will be where it's at. My 194hp hybrid Rav4 feels a good deal peppier than my turbocharged 210hp Saab 9-3 did.

Let's just borrow from modern F1 and do all three.
Turbo gas/electric hybrid motors.

qaraq wrote:

As a Saab driver from 1996 to 2018 I have to agree, but I think going forward electrics will be where it's at. My 194hp hybrid Rav4 feels a good deal peppier than my turbocharged 210hp Saab 9-3 did.

That's because people buy horsepower but feel torque. And electric motors are constant torque, I. E. feels like a lot of torque at low speed and starting.

r013nt0 wrote:

Turbos make all the difference in the world.

Turns out that there is, in fact, a replacement for displacement.

I have a twin-scroll turbo in my MINI and that little car feels amazing when it accelerates. That said, my next motorcycle will almost certainly be a Lightning Strike (or something similar), and my next car may very well be full electric as well.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/FRIb1fa.jpg)

IMAGE(https://i.ibb.co/mqRgHk4/EB6-XI18-Wk-AAh-Ovu.jpg)

farley3k wrote:

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/FRIb1fa.jpg)

The PS4 controller changed more than the Xbox One's. Also that graphic really needs the original Playstation controller from back before the N64 proved that analog sticks were a thing.

Yeah, I was going to say, the Dual Shock 4 carries a similar design philosophy to the other PS controllers, but honestly it's such a drastic improvement over the previous generations that it makes the older ones feel "broke."

I don't know that I'd agree with that. They both iterated on shape. DS4 has the touch pad that's honestly just a bigass button, and a light that annihilates your battery for absolutely no reason. Bonetroller has rumble triggers, which own, and totally broken shoulder buttons. Which don't.

Out of all of those things the Rumble Triggers are the only appreciable change.

PS did improve on the shoulder button design from PS2 to PS3 quite a bit. The 360 controller on has really just been refinements to the Xbox Type-S controller.

Personally I would like to see them add two more face buttons similar to this controller:

IMAGE(https://www.fullyretro.com/images/items/78831220-item-big-SNES-CTRMADCZ-A-1.jpg)

Japanese Saturn controller still one of the best of all time, imo.
IMAGE(http://www.cashforgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/sega-saturn-controller-pad-hss-0101-gray-japan-jp-ss-342687659874f909e7ec95eb0cef9ad7.jpg)

Do not @ John Carmack unless you have your sh*t 100% together.
IMAGE(https://i.ibb.co/rbhnhj9/image.png)
Lest you be um-actuallied directly into the grave.

r013nt0 wrote:

Japanese Saturn controller still one of the best of all time, imo.
IMAGE(http://www.cashforgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/sega-saturn-controller-pad-hss-0101-gray-japan-jp-ss-342687659874f909e7ec95eb0cef9ad7.jpg)

That's just a Genesis 6 button controller with extra plastic.

r013nt0 wrote:

I don't know that I'd agree with that. They both iterated on shape. DS4 has the touch pad that's honestly just a bigass button, and a light that annihilates your battery for absolutely no reason. Bonetroller has rumble triggers, which own, and totally broken shoulder buttons. Which don't.

Out of all of those things the Rumble Triggers are the only appreciable change.

What about actually being able to hold a Dual Shock 4 and not hate yourself?

Seriously, the DS3 and below were so much less ergonomic. I went back to a PS3 game a while back, before DS4 compatibility was added to the PS3, and tried to use my old Sixaxis. I couldn't play the game, it was so awful.

IMAGE(https://i.redd.it/jvna02p43kg31.png)

NSMike wrote:

That's just a Genesis 6 button controller with extra plastic.

See Below

NSMike wrote:

What about actually being able to hold a Dual Shock 4 and not hate yourself?

Fair. Though I guess I find the earlier PlayStation controllers so atrocious that the DS4 wasn't so much an improvement as them finally making a decent controller.

IMAGE(https://i.imgur.com/hVBPt7R.jpg)

IMAGE(https://preview.redd.it/q64fqidqmlg31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=64e958c13f0506c0a6893b3c4f9356e3d59d24ac)

Quantum mugs?