GWJ bugs, feature requests, and updates

Oh, aren't you using Drupal to drive this place? (I don't remember for sure.) This might be an issue:

Millions of websites threatened by highly critical code-execution bug in Drupal

Malor wrote:

Millions of websites threatened by highly critical code-execution bug in Drupal

Don't worry, we're good I may be slow on new feature dev, but I drop everything for applicable security releases.

BTW, the Favorites star lit up correctly for me today. It seems to be working again.

doogiemac wrote:
Malor wrote:

Millions of websites threatened by highly critical code-execution bug in Drupal

As someone who owns a company that does design and development work, let me take a moment to thank Doggiemac not only for the general updates but this kind of this is so very important and a lot of full time organizations seem to have trouble staying on top of it.

Is quote not working for anyone else?
I noticed on mobile that clicking quote takes me to recent activity or something similar instead of quoting the post.

lunchbox12682 wrote:

Is quote not working for anyone else?

Seems fine on desktop.

Rykin wrote:
lunchbox12682 wrote:

Is quote not working for anyone else?

Seems fine on desktop.

I tried some more and it would seem I was fat fingering the tack icon. No idea how I did that and managed to skip over link. But that does fit with the rest of my day.

I am getting an error code 500 when I hit either post or preview after previewing edits to the top post of a thread. This is happening in Chrome on macOS. Only seems to happen on the top post in a thread I created.

Steps:
1. Hit edit on the top post of a thread.
2. Preview your edits.
3. Hit either Post or Preview to get error code 500.

Reading another post here on the forum made me think of this....

I've seen a couple non-gaming related forums out there that have a "preferred pronouns" option in the user profile and then if you choose to enter something there, it appears right under your profile pic when making posts in the forum. I wondering if something like it could be useful for this forum and if so, would it be possible to implement it?

doogiemac wrote:

[*] Added a "Pronouns" field to user profiles. If filled in, this field is shown on user profile pages.

It would be nice to have them show up under the profile pic in posts.

BadKen wrote:
doogiemac wrote:

It would be nice to have them show up under the profile pic in posts.

Yep, I can't speak for anyone else, but if it doesn't show up somewhere near the profile pic or inside an actual post, I'm 99% never going to see it.

bekkilyn wrote:
BadKen wrote:
doogiemac wrote:

It would be nice to have them show up under the profile pic in posts.

Preferably also on mobile, since some things are not shown there, i.e. location.

Personally I don’t want them showing in every post, I don’t want the visible clutter for something that is not needed very often. There have been rare times I have wondered and having it in the profile would have satisfied the need.

LeapingGnome wrote:

I imagine you aren't particularly concerned with whether or not someone misgenders you or not. Might be a whee but more important to others.

That said, no reason people can't already put it in their sig, like how folks put it in profile on Twitter.

But, really, I'm not one to speak on this entire thing so I'll go back to listening.

Yeah, while we do support it and want to have that flag in there so in the future it's something that could show up in a useful way on forum posts automatically, as things are designed right now we don't want to jumble up the user names side with more fields.

I think the "Location" field and your personal sig field are both solid places to state that preference for now. In the future when we're looking at more of an overhaul I think it's something we'd want to build into the fundamental design layout somehow.

I'd like a place for a quick comment to the moderation team if I decide to flag a post.

Like, if I'm trying to flag a whole sub-thread that's gone off the rails, I'm probably not trying to target the individual post, per se, and I might like to clarify my meaning. It would be more convenient to be able to do that right when I submit the flag, rather than figure out who I ought to be sending a DM to.

Hey all, new here. No search function?

On desktop, hover over the MORE button at the top for a search box.

It's usually better to use Google's site search, though.

beanman101283 wrote:

On desktop, hover over the MORE button at the top for a search box.

It's usually better to use Google's site search, though.

Got it. Thanks!