Some people have said they want to pretend 2018 didn't happen. Maybe it's because their 2018 Bold Predictions were so very wrong. Well, the latest podcast with our predictions is now live and we spent about as much time picking apart old predictions as we did making new ones. It hurts so good! Now is the time to look back on your old predictions and share how you made out in the comments below! It's also time to make fresh new predictions for 2019. Is this the year new consoles are announced? Will VR finally have a breakthrough? Will Bungie move their entire company deep into the woods, never to be heard from again?
Now is the time to have your say! I'll be locking this thread up in a few weeks so no one can do sneaky edits later. See you on the other side!
Our writers have been oddly quiet about making predictions this year. So far only brave Sir Greg Decker has ventured forth with his bold predictions! Perhaps we'll add more once we rouse the knaves from their bunks.
Greg "doubtingthomas396" Decker
- One or more PC game stores/launchers will file a lawsuit in the United States against Epic claiming that the deals Epic enters with publishers to release free games on Epic’s store constitute antitrust violations and predatory pricing under current precedent. The case will go to appeal, but not in 2019.
- Squares Enix will sell or otherwise spin off the Tomb Raider license, leading to rampant speculation that the people who made Hitman will make the next Tomb Raider game.
- Fallout 76 will receive a major overhaul that will redeem the game in the eyes of reviewers and make it utterly unplayable to me.
- Bungie will form its own launcher exclusively for Destiny and subsequent expansions, leading everyone to grumble about having to remember another password.
- In spite of their assertions to the contrary, Nintendo will announce or release a LABO-based VR platform which consists of cardboard helmet that holds the switch three inches from the player’s face. It will cause nausea.
- Capcom will announce a remastered Cloverleaf game for the PC and Nintendo switch. My hope is that it will be God Hand, but it will probably be a Viewtiful Joe Collection, and I’ll be ok with that.
- Intellivision’s Amico development will be delayed, and the release date pushed out beyond 2020 after someone at Intellivison says “Ouya” three times while looking in a mirror.
- The Monster Hunter Movie will actually be pretty good.