Having formally usurped the NFL Thread Throne from Legion (or just taken it over, whatever, you're not my real dad), it's time for the post-draft offseason thread.
- OTAs have started, so everybody has hope. Except the Jets. The Jets will be fielding a defense of 11 safeties and an offense of one QB. All of the QBs on the Jets' current roster will be on the field, it's just that they collectively equal one. Almost.
- Even Cleveland has hope. Nobody has any idea if they're doing the right thing at this point, but they're at least doing something at this point. They'll continue to make a series of daring, innovative moneyball-type moves until Haslam fires everybody at the end of the season and they hire a combination of Greg Schiano, Jim Tomsula, and Ryan Grigson to . . . wait, they already hired Ryan Grigson.
- The Vikings are really pleased with Laquon Treadwell's progress this offseason. Laquon Treadwell was targeted three times for one reception last year, and had 15 yards from scrimmage. So, uh, I'm guessing that whole "progress" thing is grading on a really generous curve.
- O.J. Howard, Offensive Rookie of the Year. Is not going to happen, because rookie TEs always kind of suck as they learn the game. But, hey, O.J. Howard.
- One of these days soon, Roberto Aguayo will be cut from the Buccaneers and will be gone forever, yet Blake Bortles will still be the QB in Jacksonville.
- Cortez Kennedy passed away this week. He was like a later-day version of Lee Roy Selmon, a guy who played his butt off for some terrible, terrible teams, and managed to get into the HOF without TEH RINGZ.
Also, more than usual props to the Buccaneers for some epic trolling of the Falcons in a Twitter exchange between the two accounts.